“Great food! Great service!”
Review of Elements on Hollis

Elements on Hollis
Reserve with OpenTable
Elements on Hollis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 733 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Terminal Road
Description: Elements on Hollis provides some of the best cuisine in Halifax. Accompanying the amazing food at Elements on Hollis, the Halifax restaurant offers Nova Scotia wines from eight wineries, and beer from two Nova Scotian distilleries and breweries. Elements on Hollis has a delicious brunch buffet every Sunday from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
New Brunswick
“Great food! Great service!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went to this great restaurant on may 22- group of 8 for a special occasion.
Made the reservation based on the reviews so I was really hoping they were right. We were not disappointed! Food was fantastic - there was a fabulous dish for everyone even with varied tastes in the group. Service was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant without hesitation. I look forward to going back in the future.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sammyandbuddy
NCHR, Restaurant Chef at Elements on Hollis, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you dining with us and writing this review on your experience. We're delighted to hear that you heard about us on TripAdvisor and that we exceeded your expectations! We're committed to fresh, local ingredients and we're happy every one in your group enjoyed their dishes and experiences.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Regards,
Chef Steven Galvin

Halifax, Canada
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went to Elements for our anniversary dinner on Saturday night. It was later in the evening when we arrived so there were not many tables in the restaurant. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. Our server Jesslin was wonderful and very knowledgable about all the items on the menu and was able to answer any questions that we had. As we were waiting for our appetizers the Manager on Duty, Jonathan came over and asked how our evening was, he was exceptionally nice and made our night! The mushroom tart was absolutely amazing and the only complaint we had was that there wasn't more! My husband had the butternut squash soup and ate every mouthful. For entrees we had the haddock and the lamb. The haddock was a large portion a was very fresh and flaky with a delightful taste. The lamb was fall apart flavourful goodness! For dessert we had the Nova 7 White Chocolate Mousse which was to die for, I think I will start with that next time to make sure I have enough room to eat it all!!! Overall we had a great experience and will be back again!! Thanks for the great anniversary dinner....

• Visited May 2013
NCHR, Restaurant Chef at Elements on Hollis, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for dining with us at elements on hollis, and happy anniversary! From our service to your dinner selections, we're delighted to hear that you had a memorable celebratory dinner with us. We take pride in our local dining experience and we'll be sure to share your comments with our restaurant team.

Chef Jonathan is a wonderful asset to the restaurant and makes a tremendous impact on our patrons. He has a strong passion for local food and knows how to put a smile on everyone's face.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Until then,
Chef Steven Galvin.
NB, Canada
“Service, quality, value--next time you are Halifax, eat here!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you enjoy friendly, yet unobtrusive service; extraordinary food and an extensive wine list; a tab that will seem not only reasonable, but low given the quality--then visit this superb restaurant in the Westin hotel.

The bread is warm, freshly made, and infused with rosemary. The appetizer menu is varied and includes soup, salad, and fish cakes (which I hear are wonderful). I chose the mushroom tart; it is one of the most delicious appetizers I have ever had: flaky, airy light pastry, fresh roasted mushrooms and tangy cheese filling with a piquant tomato jam. Wow! This appetizer, which is served with small side greens, is really a small plate.

For the main course, I had the leg of lamb. Fork tender and served with crisp vegetables, it was mouthwatering and memorable. The menu at Elements is not extensive--maybe 6 or 7 main courses-- but each is carefully crafted from local ingredients and exquisitely presented. Similarly, the wine list features local wines with a modest $5 mark-up from shelf price.

We enjoyed superb, knowledgeable service from Jose who made informed and obviously successful recommendations about the menu and wine list and was attentive and friendly. Given the quality of the food and the service, the tab was a welcome surprise.

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. Eat here next time you are in Halifax

• Visited May 2013
NCHR, Restaurant Chef at Elements on Hollis, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We always enjoy reading reviews from our patrons. From our hostesses and servers to our cooks and chefs, we're dedicated to service and culinary excellence. We'll be sure to share your review with our team.

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We're delighted to hear such positive feedback about your dinner and we're glad you enjoyed every moment of your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Until then,
Chef Steven Galvin
Windsor, Canada
“WOW”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I read the reviews about this place and seen that it had high regards so I thought I would take my wife out to dinner for her birthday with our three kids (17, 19 & 20). The place was nearly empty when we arrived so I was nervous of a bad choice. Not a good sign if nobody else is there.
We were greeted and seated in good time and manner. Our server was pleasant and very professional. The place was very clean and spacious. The place soon had many more patrons arrive and it began filling up to about half capacity which added to it's character. We noticed on the menu that all product was locally grown and produced, including a selection of local wines which was a nice.
The drinks quickly arrived and soon the appetizers followed, which were fantastic. All five of us selected something different off the menu and all five of us were blown away by our meals. From a curry pasta to lobster, it was done to perfection. We enjoyed the desert that wrapped up one of my most pleasant meals I've ever had in Halifax.
I highly recommend this place to everyone. It's not for the pizza crowd or to get the most for five dollar crowd, but if you want to enjoy a meal, one that you will remember for a long time or a place that you want to impress somebody, this is it.
Unfortunately, I can only give it a five out of five, it deserves a six out of five.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rick K
NCHR, Manager at Elements on Hollis, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for celebrating your wife's birthday with your family at elements on hollis and for sharing your comments about your dinner. The experience which you described is the type of experience we strive for.

We are committed to local food and service excellence and we're delighted to hear that you had such a memorable dinner with us. We'll be sharing your comments with our culinary and service team.

We hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you, your wife and your children back again soon.

Warmest regards,
Caroline Glennie
“A great experience!!! Outstanding food and wonderful hospitality.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

A great meal!! The mushroom tart was one of the five best appetizers I've ever eaten! Just extraordinary!
Beautiful presentation of every dish! Great lobster and tenderloin.
Co-located with the Westin hotel... and I normally shun hotel restaurants... but this one was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
NCHR, Manager at Elements on Hollis, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Wow, what a review! Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent dinner with us - we're delighted that we exceeded all your expectations. We take pride in our local concept and carefully created specialty dishes.

Our mushroom tart is one of our most popular appetizers and we're glad you were able to savour this tasty starter.

We hope to see you again soon.
- Caroline Glennie