“Best Curry Around”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've a huge curry lover and have eaten it in many different places: UK, US, Toronto etc. and Curry Village is one of my favourites. I have eaten there numerous times over the past five years. If you like it mild their butter chicken is to die for. If you like it hot, Curry Village's vindaloo is mouth watering. Their naan tases like it just came out of the oven. I haven't yet been served a dish that I didn't like. It seems to take a bit longer to get your food than other curry restaurants; perhaps they are mixing the dishes from scratch.

The service is also excellent. You will often be greeted by the friendly owner and the staff are curteous, attentive and very pleasant. The restaurant is very clean and cosy. It is a little difficult to find the first time there as it's in with other shops, although they do have a large sign to direct you.

Overall, you will get plenty of food at good value compared with other restaurants and it is much much cheaper than Taj Mahal.

If you like great curry, you'll love Curry Village!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been to Curry Village many times and each time my experience has been wonderful. The staff are friendly and make you feel very welcome. Service is very good and the food is excellent. You get a lot of food for a good price - very good value for your money. I had the butter chicken the last time I went and it was so good I used the Naan bread to get every last drop of sauce form my plate - delicious!!

1  Thank Evelyn K
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is not at all authentic indian restaurant. Food was really BAD !!!! Chick Peas currry was tasting like butter chicken ..Will try to find another restaurant in the city. ( Indian guy)

1  Thank Indian2013
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been there with my family and we loved the foods, very delicious and it's comparatively cheaper than Taj Mahal. If you love Indian Food you should definitely try.

1  Thank Khisa
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Even though the menu is not extensive, they do have a nice selection for everyone's taste. We have tried the few Indian Restaurants in Halifax and rate Curry Village the best! The main draw back is that they are located in an second floor location without an elevator so it is not accessible for people with disablities which is a problem if one of your party can't climb stairs. They do have a takeaway service which is useful.
Friendly staff who are willing to explain the different dishes.