“Lovely Presentation of Fresh Food”
Review of Cora

Cora
Ranked #86 of 748 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was wowed by my first Cora's experience. You get a lot of food for your money and they present it beautifully. The decor on the other hand is pretty bad, and the tables are pretty close together. Service was rather rushed but it is a busy place for breakfast/brunch.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We love Cora's, the food is awesome especially the omellettes, great service, reasonably priced. We are never disappointed with this chain of restaurants.

1  Thank Caper42
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Fast and produce was very fresh. We were in and out in no time. Just what you want when touring around.

1  Thank D M
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I ate here on my insistance. I try and eat healthy and thought Cora's would be a good choice. First of all location is great; it's tucked away in a nice little downtown area of Halifax. Service was decent enough, we had a litle booth in the back corner of restaurant we asked for. The hostess was going to seat us in a busy area with very little privacy but was quite accomodating at our request. Atmosphere is fairly generic. The restaurant is nice enough but not a lot different than any of the other breakfast chains I've been too. I should say it's quite clean. For meals, my husband had the Cora's special. He didn't like it at all. The quantity was a little smaller than most places we've eaten at, price was decent enough but he said his food was really cold with overcooked bacon, undercooked potatoes and the poached eggs were so so. I said he should have sent it back, but he didn't want to complain. I had a delicious Samira. AKA Fruit Mountain. It was delicious. I expect my husband's food was cold because it was prepared before my meal. Total cost of meal was $29.00. As for going back, I don't know if we will. I really like the fruit dishes, but for a hot traditional breakfast I don't think this is the place to go.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I don't get it. All the advertising and expansion, you would think it would be something special. I think they spent the budget on promotion and fired the chef.
The food was not worth my time and the prices did not reflect what you got. The service was OK but it had nothing that made me want to come back. I gave it bonus points for being bright and clean.
I was very disappointed and will not be back.