“Delicious”

Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Prospect, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I ate dinner here for a friend's birthday. We were greeted right way and seated. Our waitress was helpful. I ordered the "everything burger" and it was absolutely MASSIVE. Would highly recommend it, one of the best burgers I've ever had. No complaints about this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

Halifax, Canada
“Consistently disappointing”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been to the Argyle on several occasions, each time hoping that it'll be better and each time ending up unhappy with my decision to go. The biggest issue I've noticed is the slow service; servers are slow to greet anyone who has just arrived and take orders, and the food takes an extraordinary amount of time to arrive at the table, regardless of how busy the restaurant is. For the average quality food that this restaurant produces, it's not worth my time or money.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank miss_celo
Saint John, Canada
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had lunch at the Argyle today and was severely disappointed in the food I had. The menu has a lot of options (all very pub style), and I settled on a chicken club sandwich with fries. The chicken was cold, and it was hardly good pub quality (something I could have easily prepared at home). I went with fries for a side, and they were shoestring, frozen french fries flash fried in grease (also cold). They did provide a lot of fries, although I left the vast majority of them on my plate because they weren't very good. I only ate 1/2 of half of the sandwich because it was cold and rather tasteless. I won't go back to this restaurant again.

• Visited November 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“Food, atmosphere and location - everything was good.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Argyle Grill served good food, plenty of it with great service and sitting outdoors on a sunny day made it a perfect spot for lunch. The menu was pretty average but solid. It was really busy but everyone around us seemed to enjoy their lunch as much as we did.

• Visited October 2013
Wolfville, Canada
“Love the Argyle”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My partner and I go there all the time. The service is terrific. Food is fine, good value, and we really like the fact that there are vegetarian options -- we ususally start by sharing the mediterranean platter.

• Visited August 2013