“Where to go for pizza in Halifax” 4 of 5 bubbles

Salvatore's Pizzaiolo Trattoria
Ranked #52 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Moscow, Russia
“Where to go for pizza in Halifax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Whenever I am in Halifax this is the place I go to get my pizza. I love the crust and the ingredients are top notch. It is a little bit more expensive then the other pizza joints in town but I believe the quality reflects the price. Delicious

Visited June 2014
1 Thank discostar23

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
“A Slice of Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I just came from Salvatore's, where we had a wonderful experience. The pizza was absolutely delicious ... We built our own... adding sautéed mushrooms, baby spinach and Italian Sausage, to the a"Original" . The service could not have been friendlier or more efficient and I just loved the atmosphere. It reminded us both of our favourite little Trattoria in Cortona, Italy. They are now offering both red and white wines by the glass and beer. Oh my, my..T'was a slice of perfection.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Barrylyn16
Witless Bay, Canada
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Staff were super friendly and the pizza was great. Would visit again. Good location. Casual atmosphere. Pizza was also smoking hot. Very yummy.

Montreal, Canada
“NOT AUTHENTIC ITALIAN!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Pizza is not authentic italian at all. Their sauce tastes like someone opened a can of tomatoes and poured it on. They had no pepperoni and had been out for weeks, blaming it on a delivery issue. All of the male staff had big bushy beards and were not wearinf hair nets, also the staff is a younger crowd sporting tattoos on their necks and gage ears with massive holes through them. If your looking for an authentic thin crust italian pizza you will not find it here.... This is geared for Canadian people who dont know true italian food. Also gay flag on entrance door window which is not really kid friendly.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Giuseppe R
Halifax, Canada
“Fantastic pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Salvator's was a backup option yesterday. I went to lunch with a co-worker, he suggested a restaurant, I agreed, it was busy, so I suggested Salvatore's. He had never been there, but agreed to go.

I have been to Salvatore's quite a few times for lunch, and usually go for one of their subs, often choosing the roasted portobellow melt, which is amazingly good. This time though, my co-worker suggested pizza, so we both ordered from the specials. Both specials looked good, so I got one slice of each. Both were perfect. Beautifully thin crust, perfectly crispy, with flavourful toppings. The best pizza I've ever had. Service was very good, and very friendly.

I've heard that Salvatore's is expanding to take over the now vacant spot next door, which is welcome. The one down side of their current spot is its small size, with limited space for eating in.

And as for my co-worker who had never been to Salvatore's before, he's gone again today. He wants to try that roasted portobello melt. If I hadn't brought my lunch to work today, I'd go with him.

• Visited May 2014