“You can get it spicy!”

Dining options: Reservations
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“You can get it spicy!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

After ten days of fish, clams, and scallops, this spice loving girl was in withdrawal for some spice--I'm talking heat. So after a bit of research and trusting TripAdvisor, I settled on Mexico Lindo.
I wasn't disappointed. The place totally lacks in atmosphere but is clean if a bit warm. But with the first bite of the salsa they served with the chips, I knew I was okay. Spicy. I was so excited I ordered enough food for three. I ate half of it.
I would recommend the enchilada even though I am a burrito fan.
I ordered my food done "hot." I can eat food very hot. This was hot enough for me while retaining flavor. My friend opted for the mild. The medium was too much for her.
Was it the best Mexican I have ever had? No. But it was good: Especially in a town where a fresh jalapeno in the market seems to be unheard of.

• Visited July 2013

“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I LOVE Mexican food and had heard a few good things about the place so I decided to check it out for myself. The place is small but cosy and has a friendly vibe. They offered us home made salsa and chips to snack on while we decided on the menu which I thought was awesome!
I ordered the chicken enchiladas and my boyfriend ordered the same.
I found the Enchiladas to be bland. Other then the pile of cheese on top it didn't have much flavour at all :( The tomato sauce tasted bitter like someone had opened a can of crushed tomato and poured it over. There wasn't much flavour profile inside the flour tortilla either, it was just diced chicken and needed some serious salt. I also ordered refried beans and rice which both seemed to be just that. Opening a can and heating refried beans tasted the same to me. Another flavour or texture for the dish would have made it better. I guess I was just expecting more based on what I heard. I'm not a hater buy any means, I will give it a second chance.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank kayl1987
“Mexican lunch”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I visited this restaurant with a friend who felt like Mexican food. Never having tried it, I decided to give it a chance. The restaurant is small and home like. It is run by a husband and wife team. She is from Mexico and he is Canadian.

My friend ordered the soup and chicken quesadia and I did too. It was delicious but the soup was way too spicy for me, but my friend loved it!

If you're looking for authentic Mexican food, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Halifax, Canada
“You could be in Mexico”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I decided to go for lunch. The decor reminded me of places I have visited in Mexico away from the tourist areas. I ordered the chicken chimichanga with rice and refried beans. They start you off with a free bowl of corn chips and hot salsa. The meal arrived very quickly, which made me wonder if it was actually prepared from scratch. The food was good, though not exceptional. Service was pleasant and prompt. $12.49 for a lunch plate is pretty average.

• Visited May 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Family restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

There's nothing fancy about this small restaurant but the food is good and the price is excellent. Because the food is prepared fresh it's a cut above some Mexican restaurants.

Visited March 2013