“Ok experience”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Went there for lunch, asked for a lobster club got a lobster roll, my partner requested a salad with Digby scallops, they were extremely small for Digby scallops. Was ok service and experienced in general for the price it costed us (75$) for a lunch, I am not sure I will be back.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We ate lunch today at Hamachi's and my husband had their burger. He said it was the best ever! I had their lobster club and it was also good. (But I secretly was wishing I had gotten the burger as well - it smelled incredible! A fantastic lunch spot!
We wanted to eat on their patio which is right on the Halifax boardwalk/waterfront, but it was raining, so we sat inside.
It is also a sushi place and the table next to us had sushi and it looked amazing! They also have a tepanyaki restaurant at night. Would love to come back for dinner. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had perfect weather yesterday evening for this lovely spot on the Harbour. We tried the Teppanyaki Table and Chef Jay was great - entertaining, personable and so fun. Thank you Jay! Food was delish - had the scallops, filet mignon and chicken and sushi. Everything was fresh and tasty. Like the other posts, request the Japanese fried rice - it's yummy! The patio was packed as the view were very nice. It's best to reserve an earlier time so that you can enjoy a stroll on the Harbour (or go on a Harbour cruise, as one of the couples at our table was heading to) after the meal.

Lots of food (with our meal, we had miso soup and a salad) so go with an empty stomach! We will be back and next time will take the kids to enjoy the Teppanyaki show!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Hamachi‘s yesterday. They do have beautiful outdoor seating right by the ocean which makes the decision to go there on a nice day even easier.
We ordered different kinds of sushi (see pictures). All of it tasted very good and fresh. The fish was nice and soft and nothing to complain about.
Our server was very nice and helpful.
Overall a good experience in a nice atmosphere! We will be back!

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Great good and the sushi is in different styles. The view is great towards the sea, quite good spot for a dinner or lunch. Should try.