“Brilliant Experience and Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamachi Steakhouse

Hamachi Steakhouse
Ranked #67 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Clark's Harbour, Nova Scotia
“Brilliant Experience and Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I went on a whim. A great meal. The chef (Mar) was extremely entertaining. We had the dinner for two with lobster, shrimp, chicken and beef. Was superb. The meal was reasonably priced considering you got a whole meal plus a circus act at the same time :>

Going back again for sure

• Visited September 2013

Alberta
“You have to try it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great staff, local beer and sushi while sitting on the patio on a sunny day. It doesn't get any better than this!

Visited September 2013
East Hampton, Connecticut
“Eh...Mediocre at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I ate here for dinner while we were on our Honeymoon. The service at this restaurant wasn't up to par and is what ruined the overall experience for me. No one came over to greet us or get our drink order for at least a half hour. I was ready to get up and leave but my husband convinced me to relax and enjoy the view...which, I must admit, is a great one. Once someone finally addressed our presence I ordered a wine and my husband ordered a beer. Pretty simple order. Another 20 min went by until our drinks finally came. I think they had tiny fairies tending bar that night because my $9 glass of Sauvignon Blanc was gone in, *LITERALLY*, 5 sips. Once the waitress took our order our food came out fairly quickly. My husband ordered the Grilled Pork, which was pretty good, but grossly over priced. I ordered the Assorted Sushi Combo which included: tuna, salmon, hamachi, shrimp, butterfish, a 6 piece California Roll and a tuna a handroll. The butterfish was delicious, but everything else wasn't as fresh as I expected. I was also disappointed that the Cali Roll used imitation crab. I know most places make it with the fake stuff, but I figured that since we were in Nova Scotia everything would be fresher.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ocean1185
Halifax ,Nova Scotia
“Great Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had lunch at the outdoor patio on a beautiful sunny day. The food and service was very good and the scenery on the harbour was glorious.

Halifax, Canada
“First time visit & dirty dishes, poor service, we left!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Four of us went to try this restaurant. Waiter was not interested in us and this reflected in the service. Creamer that was brought to us was noticeably dirty inside and out, we returned it & asked for new one. One would think it would be checked over....It was chipped & had black flecks in the cream. Before we could say anything the coffee was brought out in a clear glass...you could see the grounds floating in it! At that point we asked for our drink bill minus the coffee that wasn't able to be consumed and left before even ordering food. There was no apology & we had to go and ask for the waiter again to pay for our drinks. For a finer restaurant this was unacceptable.

1 Thank waltdawn