“Authentic”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stop by for Dimsum any time that we are in Halifax, it can't be beat! Also they have two menus one for regular typical Maritime style "chinese" with chicken balls and whatnot and one with authentic chinese style cuisine.

1  Thank NathJam

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I used to work just around the corner from Great Wall and it was always and easy spot to grab a bite for a reasonable price. My personal favorite for lunch was two spring rolls, which cost less than $6 (tax and tip included). I've also had a couple of the combination plates. The interior of the restaurant is worn and dated, but the food and the prices are very much up to snuff.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Great Wall regularly wins the best DIm Sum on the annual "Best Of Halifax" public voting, but on a recent visit we were not really impressed. Our table of four had a variety of 7 or 8 selections, but they mostly failed to excite our taste buds. Indeed, to a certain extent it was hard to tell some of the selections apart by taste, and by the end of the meal we had unanimously decided to postpone a return Dim Sum visit for an indefinite period.

There was, to put it bluntly, an absence of flavour. I needed to rely too much on the chili sauce.

The restaurant was busy, as is typical for a Sunday, and the staff were busy, and not too attentive, though the tea pot stayed filled. And perhaps the kitchen staff were simply having an off day, but I feel as if the Great Wall is resting on its laurels. We will be looking for other brunch options for a while.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

There's a reason why this place is known for having the best Dim Sum in town. The food is amazing! We make a point of coming here whenever we're in Halifax. Sunday morning Dim Sun starts at 11:30.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This reveiw is based on only one dish that I ate at this restaurant, their "salt & pepper squid". It was excellent! Probably the second best that I have ever had. The best being at a restaurant in London England, whose name excapse me.