“Great food!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great food, very friendly service, nice atmosphere. Bit difficult to find (on Dresden Row but hidden in a small shopping centre).

Reviewed August 8, 2012

First rate dining experience. Incredible and creative dishes
And top notch service. One of the
Finest meals we have had in years. Wonderful
Experience!
Don't miss this gem of a restaurant

Reviewed August 7, 2012

we read about the restaurant in the lonely planet guide and decided to go. Beautiful little restaurant and the food was excellent !!! We had some lobster poitine and beautiful scallops for starter to share and monkfish and seared tuna filet for main course - yummy !! and the chocolate cake desert was also delicious. Wine list was reasonable priced (bottle of decent chardonnay for around 30 $) and plenty to choose from, we had a fantastic dinner here and would definitely come again. starters were between 10 and 15 $ and maincourses 20 - 30 $. Would recommend to make a reservation as it was quite busy even on a monday night, we had our baby in the buggy with us and they didn't mind at all, service was excellent.

1  Thank blondieandginger43
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Having been to Fid a few years ago, I was expecting great food and great service. I couldn't believe how poor the service was this time. The waitress/owner was just this side of rude. She basically ignored us for the most part - forgetting the wine, not checking to see if everything was fine. I ordered the flank steak ( which I know is a tougher cut but is great when done properly), and it was so bad I had to send it back. Rather than apologizing, she told me (rather condescendingly) that it is supposed to be a chewier cut but I could order something else. By the time my meal arrived, my friend was finished. She didn't check to see how we were doing and another waiter finally arrived with our bills, which were totally wrong. He informed her, and instead of dealing with it straight away, she waited on several other tables first and left us sitting there for another 20 minutes. We were about to get up and complain when she finally arrived, saying the computers were down. Strange that they were working for other orders! No apologies for the poor service, and for the first time in a long, long time we didn't leave a tip. Never going back. What a waste of time and money.

1  Thank restaurantsforus
Reviewed June 21, 2012

What a wonderful meal! Rarely do you find a restaurant that takes such care in the quality and preparation of the food that they offer. Everything was fresh, flavourful and beautifully presented. I had the organic roasted chicken breast with potato gnocchi and fresh green peas in a light cream sauce. The memory of it will send me back again on my next trip to Halifax! Last but not least, the service was flawless.