“Fantastic restaurant, great little gem !!”
Review of Fid - CLOSED

Fid
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant, great little gem !!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

we read about the restaurant in the lonely planet guide and decided to go. Beautiful little restaurant and the food was excellent !!! We had some lobster poitine and beautiful scallops for starter to share and monkfish and seared tuna filet for main course - yummy !! and the chocolate cake desert was also delicious. Wine list was reasonable priced (bottle of decent chardonnay for around 30 $) and plenty to choose from, we had a fantastic dinner here and would definitely come again. starters were between 10 and 15 $ and maincourses 20 - 30 $. Would recommend to make a reservation as it was quite busy even on a monday night, we had our baby in the buggy with us and they didn't mind at all, service was excellent.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank blondieandginger43

Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service in town”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Having been to Fid a few years ago, I was expecting great food and great service. I couldn't believe how poor the service was this time. The waitress/owner was just this side of rude. She basically ignored us for the most part - forgetting the wine, not checking to see if everything was fine. I ordered the flank steak ( which I know is a tougher cut but is great when done properly), and it was so bad I had to send it back. Rather than apologizing, she told me (rather condescendingly) that it is supposed to be a chewier cut but I could order something else. By the time my meal arrived, my friend was finished. She didn't check to see how we were doing and another waiter finally arrived with our bills, which were totally wrong. He informed her, and instead of dealing with it straight away, she waited on several other tables first and left us sitting there for another 20 minutes. We were about to get up and complain when she finally arrived, saying the computers were down. Strange that they were working for other orders! No apologies for the poor service, and for the first time in a long, long time we didn't leave a tip. Never going back. What a waste of time and money.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank restaurantsforus
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Excellent meal in every way!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

What a wonderful meal! Rarely do you find a restaurant that takes such care in the quality and preparation of the food that they offer. Everything was fresh, flavourful and beautifully presented. I had the organic roasted chicken breast with potato gnocchi and fresh green peas in a light cream sauce. The memory of it will send me back again on my next trip to Halifax! Last but not least, the service was flawless.

• Visited June 2012
Lancaster, Ohio
“A good brunch and we'll be back”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Two members of my family and I stopped by Fid Restro for a meal one Saturday afternoon after visiting the farmers market. Initially, we were disappointed to learn that the brunch menu was all that was available. Then the food arrived. My burger and frites made for a fine plate. A cousin visiting from Kansas City had the massive sausage and egg breakfast, which she didn't come close to finishing. Her Boston daughter had the smoked haddock with a potato/spinach hash and a poached egg and devoured it. Service was good, though getting the bill took a bit more time than I liked. I am anxious to return for what looks to be enticing offerings for lunch.

• Visited May 2012
Dauphin, MB
“Must have experience!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

On a side street from Spring Garden Hill somewhat tucked away you will have a first class dining experience that will not disappointing you!

Visited June 2012