“Biscuits. Yum yum yummy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chives Canadian Bistro

Chives Canadian Bistro
Ranked #5 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Cross street: Blowers and Salter
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Biscuits. Yum yum yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Have had dinner at Chives on 3 occasions. Lovely meals......pretty and delicious. Have been pleased with our menu choices, dessert ...totally love the biscuits in the little paper bag...hot and buttery!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

New Glasgow, Canada
“Great service and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

One thing about Chives is that you can count on them - the food is always good. The service is excellent and the servers will provide good information and are extremely professional. Once we spilled water and three servers came quickly to "make the incident disappear". They have a menu that provides lots of variety without too much to choose from. One of their most popular items it the wonderful biscuits that are served to everyone. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
halifax
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Craig and his team provide superlative attentive service and excellent food. From the homemade biscuit to start off with through the appetizer, main and dessert a treat for all. Reliably excellent, tasteful and creative without the pretentiousness of many "gourmet" restaurants. Also like the "locavory goodness" and the cookbook!

• Visited July 2013
Halifax, Canada
“My Birthday Dinner 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had the pleasure of having my 50th surprise birthday here. My birthday is the 23rd of December so it was tough for my daughter and husband to find a restaurant with a private dining area for a group of 10 or more at this time of year. We dined on the 20th of December 2013.
The meal was fantastic...from the biscuits to the main courses. The service was great. All my family enjoyed their meals!!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fine dining experience in a casual setting.

• Visited December 2013
Halifax, Canada
“It was above average- but it didn't blow my socks off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I shouldn't have walked in with such high expectations.
With it's high ranking, and talk of exception I had anticipated something out of this world.
Sadly, I wasn't as impressed as I expected to be.
With that being said, I had a fantastic time, the food was good, the server was incredibly nice and the room was pleasant and inviting.

I haven't one bad thing to say about this place, but I didn't walk out saying " I can't wait to tell all my friends to come eat here" either.

Bravo on 2 Doors Down, though. I absolutely love it!

• Visited October 2013