“Mixed experience”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Not sure it lived up to it's hype. My wife's meal (pasta dish) came with different sauce than was on the menu, then the manager came over to debate the issue. It was resolved and they acted quickly once the debate was over. My meal was good, and it should have been the evening wasn't inexpensive. It is a popular spot, nice vibe in side and on the water.

There are newer reviews for The Bicycle Thief

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was at the Bicycle thief for the first time recently and although the place was fairly quiet when we got there, it filled up quickly and soon enough the place was buzzing with energy. Several people were turned away as the place was just booked solid it turned out.

Service was discreet and efficient but the waiter that was serving seem to be relatively new and didn't know the menu or the wine list too well.

I had the steak which came sliced up on a wooden plank and served with truffled fries which was excellent. The wine we selected was overall good value but the wine list felt limited.

I got tempted by the creme brûlée which was delicious.

Overall we had a great time at Bicycle thief and will definitely go back next time I am visiting Halifax.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We used to frequent the Bicycle Thief regularly. We have not been back since the summer. The quality of the food, is inconsistent. The staff are great, and the white truffle fries, were to die for! What happened, I wonder?

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We called in the late afternoon and were able to get a reservation for an early dinner - by the time we left, the place was packed. The cocktails, salads, entrees, and gelato were all delicious, and the service was friendly and well-paced. It is not inexpensive, but it's a nice place for a special meal, and the food quality and atmosphere are excellent. If I am in Halifax again, I'd definitely eat here.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is right on the waterfront in Halifax, and is a top-quality restaurant. The staff are very friendly and efficient; the food is very high quality. A little expensive, but very good value for money.