“Second Visit”

Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Another great visit to this hotel and the Halifax area!

Front staff was very welcoming. Loved seeing Cocoa again (hotel's chocolate lab).

I was pleased to see this hotel now included breakfast in their nightly rate. Breakfast was served buffet style in the on-site Lakeside Grill restaurant and consisted of ham, sausages, eggs, french toast, hash browns, toast etc. hot and cold cereal, juice, coffee, tea, pasties, muffins and fruit.

Room was great. Bathroom a little on the small side. Beds/pillows were comfortable. Great view of Chocolate Lake. Big TV.

I submitted pictures with a previous review:

1  Thank ALGM

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We LOVED this place. The lake was gorgeous and swimming was amazing. The onsite chocolate lab and many dogs were also a great feature of this hotel. We had a suite which was great when travelling with teens. Two TVs also VERY important. Food, staff, location and ambience were all fantastic.

Room Tip: Try for a lakeview room. The suites are not lakeview but a great option when travelling with kids.
1  Thank Kempka
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Greeted promptly. Clean, quaint room but with a too small bathroom and uncomfortable bed. The parking wasn't sufficient for the number of rooms, not was its ability to navigate. Our complimentary breakfast was very disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank NBcountrygirl
Reviewed August 11, 2013

While in Halifax for business, stayed at the Best Western Chocolate Lake Hotel. Beautiful location, great breakfast & great facilities (restaurant with patio view of the lake and pool/sauna were both great) along with good access to downtown Halifax and beautiful venue alongside Chocolate Lake; I'm only sorry my family was not along to enjoy this place with me. If I brought a pet along, I would definitely bring them here too, as it is very pet friendly. Enjoyed meeting hotel "ambassador" Coco the Dog, who was very friendly and was a hit with all the children I saw during my stay..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed August 9, 2013

we went to Halifax tattoo show ,long drive but worth it ,arrived at hotel to find it pack with seniors arriving (we are seniors ) but we somehow got through quickly,when we booked room from ajax they only had 1 double room left so I took it but on long drive up I developed a back problem and needed a bed to myself I asked Justin if this was possible to get a 2 bedroom he said at that time no because of tattoo show it was full but he would put me down for upgrade as soon as possible this was Friday about 4 and bye sun at 10 am we had a BEAUTIFULLroom in the tower 7 floor ,WHAT A VIEW OF CHOCOLATE LAKE ,BEAUTIFUL MORNING AND NIGHT ,Justin also took the time to find a back massager nearbye,. the people the hotel ,the surroundings made this a wonderful holiday for us .also close to peggys cove,and a short drive downtown to pier 21,and titanic museum ,ont thing I notice swimming was safe no motor boats allowed folks was out in lake at 6 am .its a very good place

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Freda C
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've stayed here before and will stay again. Always meets my expectations. Staff are very courteous & friendly. Our room overlooked the lake...not noisy, very clean, very comfortable beds . Breakfast was delicious and plenty of it. We like staying here rather than downtown Halifax as the parking & breakfast is included.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I normally stay in the downtown Halifax area when I travel to the city. I booked online in the name your price section of the website and it sent me to this hotel.

At first I was disappointed that the hotel was a little ways away from the downtown area, but my concerns were unneeded.

This Hotel was amazing. I don't think that I have ever been so impressed by a hotel in my life. The rooms were brand new and the beds were the best sleep I've had in years. New Flatscreen tvs. Convenient parking outside your room. Overlooking the lake.

The hotel was awesome and what it lacked in distance from the Halifax downtown area, it made up for in everything else.

I highly recommend this hotel!

Price - $86.00 on priceline.com

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Halifax hotels
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown
Comfort Inn Halifax
#20 of 28 in Halifax
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
Cambridge Suites - Halifax

Been to Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel

Address: 20 St. Margaret's Bay Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3N 1J4, Canada
Location: Canada > Nova Scotia > Halifax Region > Halifax
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Best Value Hotel in Halifax
#3 Green Hotel in Halifax
#5 Business Hotel in Halifax
#6 Family Hotel in Halifax
#6 Romantic Hotel in Halifax
Price Range: $99 - $167 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel 3*
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake hotel in Halifax, Nova Scotia is newly redesigned, offering you exceptional comfort in a gorgeous, convenient location. Visiting Halifax for business or pleasure? BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake is the ideal hotel for you. We have everything you need and more, all in a tranquil lakeside setting. So trust the brand that makes travellers feel comfortable worldwide. This Four Star Canada Select property offers Free Hot Breakfast Buffet, Free Parking, Free Wireless and Hardwired internet, Games Room, Saltwater Pool, Hot Tub, Exercise Facilities, Conference Facilities and the Lakeside Grill. We complete the experience with a resident Chocolate Lab named Cocoa. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Best Western, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Halifax