$142
  • Restaurant
Prince George Hotel(Halifax)
$167
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$143
$136
$157
$144
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$159
$145
$182
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
$159
$149
Priceline
$138
$135
All reviewsshared bathroomhome away from hometwin bedssmall balconyspent three nightsyogurtjoanstories
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Dear gentle reader: if you are seeking a warm, inviting and caring place to stay while in Halifax, look no further than Joan's place (Marigold Bed and Breakfast) on Norwood street. Her place is located near Quinpool and Oxford, an easy 15 minute walk to downtown Halifax. Quinpool has pretty much everything you need and the neighbourhood is very quiet, well treed and beautifully landscaped.

Joan is very kind and helpful to your needs and wishes and will do her very best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms (two of them) are basic but clean and attractively decorated. The shared bathroom off the hall has everything you need. My favourite room is #2 because of the wonderful balcony off the side of the room. Perfect for sitting outside in privacy during the warmer season.

Joan's breakfasts are memorable and are freshly prepared every day. My last night's stay was a short one due to an early flight leaving Halifax. Joan very kindly packed me a generous lunch to take on the flight home in lieu of a breakfast. You'll find her a personable and kind-hearted soul with amazing talent for creating beautiful paintings. I have one back home here in Vancouver to remind me of her talent and her warmth and kindness.

Room Tip: Room #2 has a lovely balcony, but is west facing and can be a tad warm.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SqkrTeddy
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I can think of few B&Bs where I have received such great value as Marigold. Its location was great with close proximity to downtown, but within a couple of blocks of a great dining area -- Quinpool Street. While the rooms lacked air conditioning and a private bathroom, the price more than made up for that. There are only two rooms, so the shared bathroom was not a big deal. The only thing I thought was missing was a common room for relaxing like I have seen in so many other B&Bs. There is a common room for breakfast, but that didn't have the same appeal as something like a reading room.

Breakfasts were good and hardy with little need for anything other than snacking until dinner.

Joan is a fabulous host and she really seems to enjoy people and her business.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Marigold B&B is in a great location and Joan was a great introduction to our Canadian adventure. She welcomed us warmly & let us watch the wimbledon tennis final with Andy Murray narrowly losing to Federer. That aside our stay was a lovely 4 nights. The local area is quaint and Quinpool road nearby provides lots of places for meals.
Breakfasts were brilliant. We needed this relaxing start and Joan really helped as well as being a good source of local info- buses , places to go .
Oh and try & get to the local cinema with its art Deco style - its great

Room Tip: Shared bathroom may be a disincentive but no problem for us. Ours had its own balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending the night at Marigold Bed & Breakfast and was immediately impressed. While I had planned to go out and explore Halifax as soon as I got in, I was instead welcomed into the home where I sat with Joan and several of her very interesting friends chatting for several hours. I felt like an old friend rather than a guest coming in to spend the night; it was very comfortable without a hint of pretentiousness. The house itself seemed to me like a large artist's studio and had a very "lived in" feel about it that made it seem all the more homey.
When I told Joan of my plans, she made me an early breakfast that was reminiscent of those I had when I was in Ireland. While it didn't include fried tomatoes or pudding, there was a nice bowl of fruit followed by an incredibly fluffy omelette (she's not stingy with the eggs!) and four slices of bacon.
I will admit that at first I was bothered because there was no TV in the room, but I wouldn't have had time to watch it because I was just too busy either sightseeing or chatting with Joan and her friends.
Stay here, you'll love it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Canuckker
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed three nights and the B&B and really enjoyed our experience. The neighbouhood Joan lives in was in a great location and she had a lot of good local stories to tell. We felt comfortable immediatly and will surely return there when we come back to Halifax.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple