$144
Doubletree.com
Prince George Hotel(Halifax)
$167
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$157
$144
Westin.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$239
$206
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$145
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
$149
Priceline
$139
$132
Travelocity
All reviewsshared bathroomhome away from hometwin bedssmall balconyspent three nightsyogurtjoanstories
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending the night at Marigold Bed & Breakfast and was immediately impressed. While I had planned to go out and explore Halifax as soon as I got in, I was instead welcomed into the home where I sat with Joan and several of her very interesting friends chatting for several hours. I felt like an old friend rather than a guest coming in to spend the night; it was very comfortable without a hint of pretentiousness. The house itself seemed to me like a large artist's studio and had a very "lived in" feel about it that made it seem all the more homey.
When I told Joan of my plans, she made me an early breakfast that was reminiscent of those I had when I was in Ireland. While it didn't include fried tomatoes or pudding, there was a nice bowl of fruit followed by an incredibly fluffy omelette (she's not stingy with the eggs!) and four slices of bacon.
I will admit that at first I was bothered because there was no TV in the room, but I wouldn't have had time to watch it because I was just too busy either sightseeing or chatting with Joan and her friends.
Stay here, you'll love it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Canuckker
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed three nights and the B&B and really enjoyed our experience. The neighbouhood Joan lives in was in a great location and she had a lot of good local stories to tell. We felt comfortable immediatly and will surely return there when we come back to Halifax.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Veronique B
Reviewed November 24, 2011

when i was hesitatiing about the verandah joan saved the day this was the best place i have gone to especially in a new place i have never been too she takes care of you is a very good cook nice conversations you will have laughs do yourselfs a favour and make reservations here :) you will not be dissapointed

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This B&B has an informal feel that worked just fine for me. Arrived in time for late afternoon tea and then headed out to Jane's on the Common, a highly recommended restaurant a ten-minute walk away. The room was small, the furniture filling the space but the deck off the room gave me the sense of space I needed. As chance would have it, I didn't get to take much advantage of the deck off the bedroom as the rain began just as I returned from dinner and continued the entire next day. I did get to hang in a really good coffee shop/bookshop that was a relaxed morning walk from the B&B. The Trident Booksellers and Cafe was recommended by the B&B host. The generous breakfast provided at the B&B kept me full till past lunch hour. I came back to the B&B to dry out before heading to dinner. I had another lovely tea with guests and relatives and then got a lift to the Old Triangle, which is an easy bus ride in inclement weather.

It's a relaxing and friendly place, a little cluttered but clean and very well located on a lovely tree-lined street.

Room Tip: see if you can get the room with the deck...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I stayed one night at Marigold B&B. Joan, the host, is very friendly and hospitable. I stayed in the room at the front of the house, and it was quiet (no street noise whatsoever). The room was clean and well-decorated. The bed had lots of warm blankets for the cold weather. The shared washroom was clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was prompt and consisted of a generous serving of toast and rich, delicious scrambled eggs. There were no major problems with my stay. The only issue is that the wireless internet connection is stronger on the first level, though it was sufficient (albeit slower) in my room.

The B&B is a short 2-3 minute walk from the nearest bus stop (which takes passengers straight downtown). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business