Stayed at this fabulous hotel for four nights in September 2013. There are many positives for travellers to appreciate this hotel. It has a great location as many restaurants and the harbour activities are within walking distance. The front desk staff provides excellent serive with their knowledge and guidance for tourists. The rooms are spacious (at least ours was) and clean with comfortable beds. They also have a nice deck on the roof top which is the eighth floor which provides an awesome view of the city with the water and to relax. Parking is valet which is efficient but can be pricey especially when you do not use your car for the day. Heard the pool was nice but did not get a chance to check it out.
There were only a couple of negatives or minor issues. One was the rooms have the old bukly tube TV's so was a turn off and with this nice hotel you expect a flat TV so this should be upgraded.
The second issue was on one night as we stayed on the seventh floor I had trouble sleeping due to someone talking loud and probably drinking on the eighth floor roof roof top deck which was probably after midnight on a Friday night. I guess our floor was just below the roof top and the same side. Maybe there should be restrictions to noise after a certain hour. Other than that I would come back and choose this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Halifax is all business or just for fun, your stay at the Courtyard Halifax Downtown hotel puts you in the midst of all that Halifax has to offer. Located at The Brewery Square the hotel offers a view of the gorgeous Halifax harbour. The hotel is located within minutes of business, meeting and conference facilities and is within steps of popular Halifax attractions, shopping, restaurants, museums, theatre and more.As Halifax bustles along outside, through our hotel doors you are welcomed with first-class hotel services and amenities. Our spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. Our fireside lounge, incredible restaurants, 24-hour fitness centre and indoor heated pool add to your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Courtyard
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Nova Scotia