“Excellent Service, Great location”

Courtyard Halifax Downtown
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great hotel in a surprisingly lovely location. Very close to the waterfront and convenient walking distance to many local eateries and shops. But the thing that sets this place apart is the people. I was treated like an honored guest from the minute that I arrived. The valet, front desk, restaurant and custodial staff were all attentive without being overbearing and seemed to honestly care about my comfort. My room was immaculate and well cared for. The gym and pool area were well maintained and had all that I needed to get a workout in, and the front desk staff answered my many questions with patience and good humor.
As a frequent business traveler I give this hotel my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night with family - the hotel is truly wonderful. The rooms are very spacious and the beds are more than comfortable. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would stay again, in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I travel a lot. Simple. I spend most of my time away from home but when in Halifax i will always stay with my Marriott family at the Courtyard Downtown. The price is reasonable for the business man and also to families. I can not say enough about the staff... From the friendly smiles of Eddie bring up your valet parked car or mangers Frank and Jenn in the front office. They know your name the remember you and treat you with kindness and respect. I truly feel this is a home away from home.
Rooms are immaculate and kept to very high standards. The bar has great food as well as great liquid refreshments. The restaurant has a full menu of meals at reasonable prices.

Above all is the real sense of a small close knit group ready to make your stay the best it can be.

Room Tip: The folks will be as flexible as possible if you just ask. I've stayed on every level and every...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I enjoyed a 3 night stay at the courtyard that started valentine`s day 2013. The room was very clean, the Staff answered all the questions I had about the sites. The valet was quick, always had the car ready when asked. We had a view of the water but being the winter did not have much to look at. I did not try any of the restaurants on site as we wanted to try different places around town. My wife visited the Spa and took a Mama mia massage as she is 6 months pregnant. She enjoyed it very much and found it relaxing. They also suggested some follow up massages when back home (manual lymph). I found this was very nice of them as they knew that the follow ups would not be through them but still took the time to suggest it to her. Only one thing annoyed me, there was an air filter or heater that started doing a loud noise at 6am on our checkout day. We mentioned it at checkout so hoping this will be fixed for future guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for an overnight staycation. I can’t say enough nice things about this hotel. It is in the perfect downtown location, one block from the harbour. Most of the rooms have views of the harbour and downtown. Hotel was spotless, this is a newer property, so all guest rooms have are modern with nice linens. This would be my first pick if I had to stay in downtown Halifax again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel multiple times I have seen the good and and never seen any bad.

Every room I have stayed in has been clean and quiet. Every staff member I was served by has been very friendly. Every meal I have ever had at the hotel has been good. Nobody has ever messed up my reservation.

The hotel location is perfect for visiting the downtown area of Halifax; the hotel overlooks the harbour. Many restaurants are a short walk away. There is a nice coffee shop just across the street that has breakfast sandwiches etc. It's easy to drive to and leave town from the hotel.

There is a pool and hot tub (with a little too much chlorine) and a small gym with treadmills, some weights and mats. They often have free cookies at the front desk and they are good. There is a rooftop patio overlooking the harbour. There is a bar that opens into the common lobby area. The wireless has worked flawlessly.

I only ever experienced noise one time and that was a bunch of drunk hockey players across the hallway. We called the front desk and fixed it. The manager later asked us if everything had been taken care of.

This is the only hotel I stay at in Halifax. Others may be good but this one has been perfect for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed for 5 days and found the hotel to very clean and the workers extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was large and the bathroom was very clean. All the usual amenities were provided including a small refrigerator but no microwave. Cars are valet parked so you need to call and have it delivered each time you want to go out. They have a small exercise room with 2 treadmills, a bike and an elliptical. although one treadmill was broken the entire week I was there. The buffet is offered each morning at $14 but offers no pancakes, french toast or waffles. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance and I suggest you try Cabin Coffee which is only a few steps away. My only complaint (which I always complain about) is the lack of a flat screen TV or any HD channels. Its 2013 folks - time to move on to the flat screen age. Tube TVs are out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business