Overall, this is probably your best bet in Halifax. Its central location right by the water, between the Maritime Museum and Farmers Market, walking distance to most attractions, modern, clean and classy.
I am not a picky traveller, however I did spend several days at the Courtyard, which gave me time to make more thorough observations, so if you're interested, here are my likes and minor dislikes;
1) Location, as stated above
2) The view, although its a partial harbour view for most rooms, you probably need to request higher floor as there are only 8 floors, not a high building so if you want to see the water, the higher the better!
3)The roof terrace, a nice little bonus for hotel guests to take in some sun while overlooking the harbour
4) The staff, very friendly
5) The rooms are nice, spacious and have everything you need. Having a mini-fridge is great!
6) The Cut steakhouse Restaurant- I should make a separate review just on that one, but I had an absolute delicious meal, and true "steakhouse" experience!
1) The room towels and bed linen; they are "cheap" material, towels are rough on the skin, doesn't "absorb"... the bed comforter is super thin, they should invest in nice duvets... the pillow cases are almost see-through, really not the best quality. I actually needed an extra blanket every night, as I was freezing and the thermostat didn't seem to work. Might seem like a minor detail but it goes a long way, especially when you stay there for many days like I did.
2) The mini-fridge is very noisy. I don't know if it was just mine, but it kept waking me up at night (making a loud compressor noise).
3) The VERY early and noisy garbage pick-up every second day, the truck beeps and picks up large metal containers which bangs really loudly outside the windows, woke me up every time! Quite upsetting!
4) Although the room maintenance was well done and for the most part was done in the morning, the room was not clean up to standards, the bed's headboard had greasy hand marks all over it and the windows were dirty.
Just a side note; Its great to have smoke-free hotels! I am a none-smoker myself and appreciate the clean air. its just unfortunate that the Marriott didn't reinforce the rules during my stay. My neighbours were heavy smokers, I could smell them in the hallway and into my room, our "bay windows" are such that when you're looking outside, you can actually see into each other's windows (a bit odd actually...) and there were water glasses with cigaret butts in them as well as cigarette packs set right there on their window sill. Sure, if I would have brought it to the hotel's attention, they might of done something, but who wants to make a complaint about people staying besides you and feel comfortable crossing them in the hallway afterwards?! Its a shame people don't respect other people's property and environment.
Anyway, all in all: a good hotel pick in Halifax!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Halifax is all business or just for fun, your stay at the Courtyard Halifax Downtown hotel puts you in the midst of all that Halifax has to offer. Located at The Brewery Square the hotel offers a view of the gorgeous Halifax harbour. The hotel is located within minutes of business, meeting and conference facilities and is within steps of popular Halifax attractions, shopping, restaurants, museums, theatre and more.As Halifax bustles along outside, through our hotel doors you are welcomed with first-class hotel services and amenities. Our spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. Our fireside lounge, incredible restaurants, 24-hour fitness centre and indoor heated pool add to your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Courtyard Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Courtyard
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Nova Scotia