Courtyard Halifax Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
  • Breakfast included
Waverley Inn(Halifax)
  • Pool
All reviewscourtyard marriottvalet parkingzen gardenrooftop terracetypical courtyardgreat locationbrewery marketwithin walking distancekeith's breweryhalifax downtowntop floorstarbucks coffeefront desk staffmaritime museumshort walkwaterfront boardwalkharbour front
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Nice place. Great location near the Brewery Market and with views of the harbour.

We got an upgrade which was lovely. A nice large room with a great view.

On the downside, the pillows on the bed were rather crappy, the hot tub was broken in the pool area and they screwed up the billing a little bit.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Nick_and_Michael
Reviewed December 8, 2007

Great hotel and location. We were checked in right away with no problems. We were upgraded to a waterview room which was great. LOved the location! Literally beside the Keith's Brewery and a short walk to the casino (Only took us 7 minutes to walk there) and numerous restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were excellent. Always can count on Marriott for a great place to stay.

Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank Sher83
Reviewed November 1, 2007

This property may be new, but my stay was not consistent with the positive reviews left with others. Upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted by a 20 minute wait to get checked in. Once I reached the counter they were unable to provide the room type originally booked. Water view - beware they claim that 80% of their rooms have a water view - not so, unless a partial view counts. The room was fine, but a little on the small side - not a huge deal for me as I wasn't spending much time in the room anyway. The breakfast was OK, but would most likely skip it if I stayed again. The hotel apeared to be a bit lean on the staffing side of things. If you are looking for a new hotel this is it, however if you are looking for value and quality service stay elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2007
6  Thank Citygirl0
Reviewed October 27, 2007

We decided to try this brand new Halifax hotel for a one night stay and what a pleasant surprise. The rate of $109 was much less than most of the other hotels in the city were asking so I was a liitle suspicious that I would find the hotel lacking in some way. I was however, pleasantly surprised.
We had a king room on the top floor, with a beautiful view of the harbour, I woke up to a beautiful sunrise with a cruise ship pulling into port. Comfy bed, everything in the place still has that "new hotel smell". The rooms aren't huge, but the space is used very efficiently with many small but important touches. There is a light over the shower, the water pressure and shower head are excellent, the bathroom design gives much counter space, work desk uses space efficiently, lighting in all the right spots. There was a sofa bed and coffe table in the room as well. Comfy bed with triple sheeting. Mini fridge and the typical courtyard market at the front desk to fill it if needed. The hotel had a pool which we did not use and a restuarant/ bar for breakfast and supper which we did not use either. All the staff were more than helpful and pleasant. The hotel is quiet, its not in the noisy part of the city where you get the weekend bar noise, its on the waterfront. You can still walk easily to the action, but you don't need to hear it until 4 am if you wish to sleep. Overall, my new favourite in Halifax, esp. for the price.
If a may, only a few minor criticisms ito be picky. There were no plastic cups as usually found in the bathroom, only 2 styro coffee cups with the cofee machine. I had no "privacy please" sign in my room, I saw them on other doors so ours may have just gone missing. The closet is a bit small and no suitcase rack, but good enough for 1 or 2 people. Parking is valet only for $19. There are nearby garages if you wish to do it yourself then walk. Oh, one other good feature, CD playing alarm clock.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple