“Amazing Staff!”

Courtyard Halifax Downtown
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Courtyard three straight Friday's in August. Each visit we were assigned the same room on the 8th floor with a great harbor and water view. There is also a terrace on that floor with a wonderful harbor and water view. We stay at Marriott properties frequently, both or us are gold elite, and chose this hotel for it's location. It is handy to restaurants, the harbor and shopping.
From the moment we walked in we felt welcome and at home. The staff is amazing, each time they promptly greeted us and went out of their way to be helpful. I am talking about all staff--everyone with whom we had contact--ex. front desk, valet, our server at breakfast, housekeeping--this is an all around gold star staff! I was so impressed with their friendliness and desire to help. I highly recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed. When we go back to Halifax we will definitely return to this courtyard!

Room Tip: Request a water veiw. The city view would also be nice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I usually stayed at te Marriot Harborfrontg about 1/2 mile down the street but after a mediocre experience my last trip I decided to try this Courtyard. I was blown away by the courteous staff and the hotel itself. As a platinum rewards member I was upgraded to a well appointed suite that had a view of the harbor. The valet service quickly brought the car down whenever I needed it. There are many great restaurants and shops within walking distance. Do yourself a favor and pack a windbreaker even during the summer months. The high was 57 when I was there and I scrambled to find one that was not $300. This Courtyard will be my new home away from home when I travel to Halifax!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RCRDSR
Reviewed August 12, 2011

A typical Courtyard, which means clean & simple, but you can't beat the location. Within walking distance to everything downtown. Next door to a great pub, & plenty of restaurants throughout the area. Get an odd-numbered room & you'll have a glimpse of the harbour. Hotel parking is $23 US daily. Street parking is metered Mon-Fri 8A-6P, but free at night & weekends -- & they DEFINITELY ticket. Airport shutte stops/picks-up here ($19 one way). A good choice, where I have stayed 2 different trips.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I did not stay at this hotel but was blown away by the service and hospitality shown by the staff. It was my best friends wedding and we had wanted to use the spot as a photo opportunity as it is attached to the Keith's Brewery which is a beautiful building. As we were outside, and being a fairly large wedding party, we managed to take up a bit of space and definitely slowed down employees trying to get into the staff parking. We had not asked permission to use their site and were expecting the worse when one the the staff came out to talk to us. To our dismay, she gave the bride and groom a big congrats and proceeded to offer us access to their rooftop terrace for as many photos as we needed. The staff was so kind and generous for the short time that we were there. For not being guests of the hotel, they certainly set a standard for all businesses in the industry. Thank you for making that day so special!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2011

More than 65 countries, hundreds of hotels, and this is my first review - EVER! It took this great an experience to compel me to post. Could be the warmest welcome we've ever received, and that attitude prevailed throughout our stay from every single staff member. Rooms are excellent. Location is perfect. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Location perfect, parking easy w/ valet, front desk staff always helpful w/ directions and great suggestions. They were patient and caring.

Great representatives for the hotel !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

What a great surprise when you arrive at the hotel. The staff is very friendly and you can see this place is very clean. It was my first time at this hotel but it will be my choice in the future. It is VERY close to the harbour and if you have a room with a view , well it is nice. it is walking distance of everything: citadel , casino, the gardens, and the boat tours in the harbour. The scallops with inguine is just amazing if you have it from their restaurant , the double eagle. They also have a big deck on the 8th floor where you have a nice view of the harbour and city.

Room Tip: get a room on the top floors , you will have a better view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo