“Fun for the whole family”

Halifax Harbour Ferry
Ranked #8 of 145 things to do in Halifax
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is such a fun thing to do - I find that kids really get a kick out of the ride. The terminal staff are very friendly, and the views from the harbour are lovely. I take the ferry to and from work and would much rather do that than take the bus.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well worth the entry fee - you get a lapel clip that allows you to come and go all day. Great for all ages, but do make sure you find out what the opening hours are for the survey ship (Arcadia?) moored in the dock just outside the museum - and there book yourself into the limited numbers tour of the lower decks - brilliant. Great general maritime displays plus the Titanic and the Explosion. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My taxi cab driver suggested that I give the Ferry a whirl so I did. Only $2.25 for a ferry ride across the harbour.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The ferry is an institution in Halifax Dartmouth, I grew up with it. It is the cheapest and shortest ride around, when we have visitors we always go on the ferry to go to dinner in Halifax and everyone enjoys the change

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The ferry from Halifax to Dartmouth is super cheap and a great way to see the city from the water without having to pay and arm and a leg for the tours. The ticket is good for 90 mins. so there is time to eat over in Dartmouth. We saw a few harbor seals, but no whales. Kids loved it.