“Broadway Show”
Review of Scotiabank Centre

Scotiabank Centre
Ranked #44 of 153 things to do in Halifax
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Metrocentre hosts sports events, concerts, Broadway shows, etc., with good sight lines for everything, and the sound system is excellent.

All reviews
"hockey game"
in 5 reviews
"sports hall of fame"
"canadian tire"
"scotia bank"
in 3 reviews
"nova scotia international tattoo"
"awesome experience"
"acts"
in 4 reviews
"signage"

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Frequent here for Halifax Mooseheads games. Lots of food and beverage options, but keep in mind, the prices for such things are inflated! (As they are everywhere like this)

Building accessible from many directions, which helps give you lots of parking options.

Check out a game or event, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Metro Centre just turned 35, and it seems as good today as it did in 1978.

Whether you go to see the Moposeheads or AUS basketball...you should enjoy yourself.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went here for several different concerts over the years and it just seems to be going downhill. I went to the Tragically Hip concert this month and I had the gold circle ticket which included a laminated pass which you were suppose to get at the door going in. When I asked the guy at the door when he scanned our tickets. His only reply was your a little late for that aren't you. I was thinking after spending $200 on tickets for me and my boyfriend, that the laminated pass we were entitled to would not be such a big deal to get but apparently they had none left or me arriving on time was not early enough. Once we got in we stood in line for like 20 mins for beer and once we finally got to the counter they were apparently all out of beer at this section and we were told to wait in line again for probably another 20 minutes on the other side as they would have beer. Once we finally got to our seats we were enjoying the concert as were many around us and noticed that one guy in particular was dancing and really loving it (thats what concerts should be about he was absolutely doing no harm but apparently the securtiy were bored and felt the need to constantly monitor this poor guy and his girlfriend the entire night constantly walking up to them. At one point the guy who was having too good a time apparently, he hugged the guy beside him as they were both really excited jumping up and down and singing, the security felt this was the breaking point I guess and rushed in to rip them apart (remember they were just laughing and hugging, and it was consentual) and then they were made to leave. Couldn't believe it I thought it was absolutely pathetic. I could understand if they were being drunk and rowdy and pushing into people, but there was absolutely none of that. Overall the last few events I have been to here including the Tragically Hip and Tom Petty concerts I have noticed a decline in everything. The place also needs a major makeover it looks terrible and definitely needs repairs.

1  Thank Tasha R