“Largest hockey arena east of Quebec City”
Review of Scotiabank Centre

Scotiabank Centre
Ranked #44 of 153 things to do in Halifax
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Built in the 70's but modernized with private boxes etc. Getting a bit too small for some events.

All reviews
"hockey game"
in 5 reviews
"sports hall of fame"
"canadian tire"
"scotia bank"
in 3 reviews
"nova scotia international tattoo"
"awesome experience"
"acts"
in 4 reviews
"signage"

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Spent the weekend seeing some Canadian College Basketball games. Friday night we were in an Executive Suite skybox. What a great place to watch a game! Great views and so spacious. As usual to order any food or drinks, amazingly overpriced but that is commonplace. The next day we were fortunate to be on another skybox for two more games. A little smaller but still big enough that you can move around. This was my first experience in a skybox...going to be tough to go back to regular seats.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We went to see Jeff Foxworthy Redneck Tour with Bill and Larry the Cable Guy.

Before buying the tickets I specifically asked how the Metro Centre would be handling the stage. The stage was a square one with seats all around it. The comics would be changing what direction they were facing.

I was told that there would be four camera that would broadcast the faces of the comics when they turned their backs to one side.

Instead, the cameras showed us the backs of the comics. By the time someone clued in the wrong camera was on the wrong screen, sometimes 2 to 3 minutes would pass.

They might like to think something like "Oh, we thought the comics would have turned so kept the cameras on them." Isn't that what good planning and a rehersal fixes? DUH!

So for $140-ish, we got to mostly see the Backs of the comics!

Poor planning o their part.

On top of that, the seats are *painful* to sit in for long periods of time. Anything over 15 minutes and you're body aches start.

Upgrades to the seating, the sounds and the production planning are *long* overdue! Add to that poorly cleaned washrooms and overprices food stands and tada!

I will never see a comedy show there again.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great times at the Metro Centre! Easy to access, organized. Seating could be more comfortable.