All reviewshi expresspancake machinebig slidequality innpeggy's coveusb portsrecent vacationtim hortonsroad noisethe breakfast areanoisy at nightfree breakfast ismodern designcape breton islandwalk in showerfridge microwavegreat pool
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Stayed here with my family for two nights and have so many positive things to say about the experience.

The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly.

The room was clean and modern and my wife and I both thought the bed was one of the most comfortable we've ever slept on.

A convenient laundry room which was a godsend during a long road trip.

The breakfast was quite good and the kids loved the pancake machine. Also appreciated the ample seating room.

Despite visiting some of the most beautiful nature sites in Canada on this trip, the waterslide at this hotel seems to rank among my kids' favourite memories.
It shoots people out so fast, it's actually comical. We all had a great time using it.

Glad we booked here and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Caroline R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Hello Karmacoma,

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am so touched that you and your kids had a wonderful time with us. Our pancake machine is definitely a hit with our guests, and I am so pleased to hear you found the bed to be comfortable. We can't wait to have you stay with us again some day!

Reviewed August 10, 2018

We recently took a trip to Ontario and Atlantic Canada and we stayed in four Holiday Inn Expresses during that time. This hotel was our second hotel we stayed in and it brought our spirits up after the first Holiday Inn Express we stayed at in Mississauga.

Positives:
-The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport, downtown Halifax and a large selection of restaurants.
-The front desk staff were all very nice and accommodating to us.
-The breakfast area and workers were nice. The hotel has more than enough seating in the breakfast area for the busy times.
-The pool area was nice and bright
-The hotel is close to roads, but we did not hear excessive road noise
-The hotel is doing renovations on the outside of the hotel, but the workers and noise did not disrupt our stay

Negatives
-The is not a lot of parking spots, and even less with the scaffolding for the renovations

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Hello Riderville,

Thank you so much for the review! We are so happy that you chose us and other Holiday Inn Express hotels for your trip around Canada. I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff work hard to ensure our guests have a great stay and I appreciate that you noticed!

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night, for the first time at this HIE. Located in Bedford, but a stones through to shopping and entertainment in Bayers Lake, and minutes to downtown Halifax. Rooms seem recently renovated, nicely done, and appreciate having a fridge and microwave as well. The pool area was decent, also has a hot tub. I found the continental breakfast excellent! The hotel seems very well kept, this will be probably be my go-to when I come to Dartmouth or Halifax from now on.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
HIEXhalifaxbedford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

WOW! Thank you DannyTravels85 for your awesome review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Kathy

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

I had reserved a room for the night prior to flying out of YHZ. The room was supposed to be at the HI Express YHZ airport location, and I hadn’t noticed the location on the reservation was for this hotel in Bedford. After calling the initial number on the reservation, which simply transferred me to a global res agent who explained I could not cancel and read the policy verbatim, I was transferred to the Bedford front desk. The staff member was extremely courteous and, despite it being the evening of the reservation, cancelled my reservation and fully refunded the deposit. I realize this review won’t be helpful for those looking to get information about the rooms or quality of the breakfast, but it certainly speaks to the professionalism of the staff and their empathy in a case like this. I fully expected to be out the full cost of the room, but they went above and beyond to help me out.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
HIEXhalifaxbedford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thank you very much Chris S for your feedback. I'm very happy to hear we were able to help you change your reservation. We hope you chose to stay with us the next time you're in Halifax.

Regards,
Kathy

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for three nights on the 4th floor in an executive room. From the moment we checked in the staff couldn’t have been more helpful.

The room was newly refurbished to a very high standard, well furnished and immaculately clean (great work Sally!).

There was a walk in shower, and as far as bed comfort goes, it was like sleeping on a cloud!

Room appliances included a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and powerful hairdryer.

There was a great selection of breakfast items available - cereals, porridge, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, bagels, pancakes etc. The breakfast room was busy, but there was plenty of seating, including additional seating right around the corner. No problems there.

We used the pool and jacuzzi daily - watch out for the slide, it’s fast and shoots you out like a bullet!

Every single member of staff we spoke to were just fabulous, but special mention has to go to Nikita on reception and Mike the facilities guy. You really helped make our stay special, for which we are extremely grateful. I think you guys totally deserve a bonus :)

Thank you, from two super-happy customers.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mcgrooty
Caroline R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Wow! Thank you McGrooty, for your spectacular review! We count ourselves lucky to have such amazing staff, including Sally, Nikita, and Mike and I am so grateful they were able to make your stay that much more special.

I am happy you had a great time in the pool, and found plenty of options at breakfast. We pride ourselves on keeping our hotel sparkling and I am so touched that you noticed.

If you are ever travelling in the Halifax area again, we would love to have you back as our guest!

Kind Regards,