“I will be back to stay”

Residence Inn Halifax Downtown
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed April 7, 2013

You need to stay here I have had one of the best experiences staying here ever. the staff are fabulous so service will not be a problem and the rooms are very comfortable. I was a little concerned when a lady got angry because there was not a spot for her to park her car and almost gave up mine to help her out but she requested her stay cancellation and left. Not the Inn's fault for Sure. Try it you wont be disappointed I'm sure .

Room Tip: Stay on the Harbour side there is a little more to see..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DChignecto

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Spent a night here in early April. Staff were friendly. The place was pretty clean and in good condition but not really shiny and new. The free breakfast was above average but nothing to rave about. No pool that I could find, but the exercise room was fine. It's a good, solid suites hotel. Average for a 3*, but not in a bad way. I wouldn't hesitate to go back, but neither would I rave about the place.

Room Tip: From the layout, I'd be surprised if there were bad rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WmFerguson
Reviewed April 3, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Whenever my husband and I visit Halifax we always stay at The Residence Inn. Our last visit was two weeks ago. Our room is always impeccibly clean and the bed and pillows are as comfortable as home. The breakfast is medicore but we usually like to check out a bakery or a vendor at the market for breakfast anyway. When the kids come with us they love the breakfast and are amused with the make your own waffles. They offer underground parking for a $15 fee per night and it is totally worth it. The hotel is close to everything and it's inexpensive for its location and quality.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

There is a new building going up across the street which make for early morning noise on week days. But not too bad. Plenty of very good resturants and bars close by. Great location to walk to water front, theatre , shoppin, etc

Room Tip: I have stayed in suites and the1 bedroom. All have fridge ,stove etc, great for family
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, great location, close to everything. Many restaurants and pubs around the hotel. Buffet breakfast was great, friendly staff, clean, no issues with wi fi. My bed was super comfortable, room was quiet and clean but there is a major construction just across the street from the hotel and I could hear the machinery as early as 6:30am. Gym was small, treadmill, elliptical, bike but I loved the fact that every night I was there around 9pm I had it just for myself. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Halifax.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business/personal trip with my wife. Clean, spacious room with fridge stovetop and microwave. Great full breakfast, including usual eggs/meat/waffles plus nice fruits and yoghurt. Excellent coffee and variety of specialty teas. Love the indoor parking in the winter. Coffee and tea available all day, along with cookies! Also like the managers receptions on some evenings. Definitely my favourite Halifax hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Travelers also viewed these Halifax hotels
Cambridge Suites - Halifax
Four Points by Sheraton Halifax
Courtyard Halifax Downtown
Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax
Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington

Been to Residence Inn Halifax Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Halifax Downtown

Address: 1599 Grafton St, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2C3, Canada
Location: Canada > Nova Scotia > Halifax Region > Halifax > Downtown Halifax , South End
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
#12 Business Hotel in Halifax
#13 Romantic Hotel in Halifax
Price Range: $132 - $278 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Halifax Downtown 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax