“Great food but................”

La Frasca Cibi & Vini
Ranked #17 of 712 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Inspired by the rustic dishes from Maurizio's childhood in Friuli, our menu is authentic & homemade, each dish made to order, by hand with a passion for freshness and quality. Whether you're looking for a full course dinner, a quick lunch or a late night snack, La Frasca serves up familiar flavours, Friulano-style.
Hamilon, ON
“Great food but................”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We loved the food here, great home made Italian fare. The thing we really disliked was the noise. They play very loud music and not dinner music. Since the music is so loud, customers have to yell to hear one another. I loved my meal but couldn't wait to get out of the place. Not relaxing in the least. Actually had to take Tylenol when we got back to our hotel!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Stacy M

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice italian restaurant in Nova Scotia.”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

La Frasca restaurant. We had made reservations for 6:00pm. We were seated immediately upon our arrival. The waiter was very polite. The manager was also polite. The service was nice and fast enough. The food was excellent. I had the tenderloin and my wife had the gnocchi. It was all super! I asked for rare and the inside of my meat was more brown than red. Nonetheless, the meat still had an amazing taste and had a very nice pairing gravy. The only thing is we usually enjoy a little quieter and less busy but I still recommend La Frasca. We would go back!

• Visited August 2014
“the top!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

One of the best Italian restaurant that I have found in the Cities visited during my business trips all
around the world!

Sydney, Canada
“One of our "go to" restaurants in Halifax”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

La Frasca is a good choice for a smart-casual and relaxed Italian meal. We’ve been to La Frasca twice since it changed from Il Mercato and I’m trying to find my new favourite items on the menu. I used to always have two appetizers as a meal but since the changeover, I’m having trouble finding 2 appetizers I prefer. They still have excellent rice croquettes but I’m missing the old shredded cabbage salad. On our most recent visit, everyone in our group was happy with their choices: shared mussels (in tasty tomato sauce), rice croquettes, beef tenderloin, italiano mac and cheese and slow braised chicken pizza with artichokes and spinach.
La Frasca is very conveniently located in the downtown core on Spring Garden Road close to where we stay when we’re in Halifax.
We found the service very attentive and prompt. The playlist of music seemed well thought out and conducive to a light and happy atmosphere.
The staff at La Frasca were very welcoming to the wee one in our group and saw to her needs, but I would suggest going very early in the evening if you must take small children.

• Visited July 2014
atlantic canada
“Gorgeousness almost makes you forget the expense...almost”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

And it IS expensive. Four appetizers and a bottle of wine came to $130!!! Waaaay too expensive. The wine has a crazy mark-up. The food is outstanding. Amazingly delicious and authentic. The waitstaff is very well trained. They know their product including wine. I was impressed. The ambiance is lovely. I loved it there. BUT...I will think again before I go back because of the expense. I might save La Frasca for an anniversary or something. Too bad. If they lowered their wine prices more people might go more regularly. All in all you will not be disappointed. It is a little noisy though...enjoy.

• Visited July 2014