“WOW! Had almost every meal here for this stay in Halifax!”

La Frasca Cibi & Vini
Ranked #17 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Inspired by the rustic dishes from Maurizio's childhood in Friuli, our menu is authentic & homemade, each dish made to order, by hand with a passion for freshness and quality. Whether you're looking for a full course dinner, a quick lunch or a late night snack, La Frasca serves up familiar flavours, Friulano-style.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were in town last year and really enjoyed an Italian resto called Il Mercato. So, obviously, wanted to go back. Turns out this local, small chain had closed the downtown location of Mercato and re-opened as La Frasca. So, we gave it a shot.

WOW!

Flew in, checked in to the hotel, and wandered over. Apps and wine. WOW! Went back for dinner. WOW! Server told us same staff back and front of house, just a new look and a new menu

A TERRIFIC new menu. We just kept going back for more.

Wonderful service. Didn't rush us. Yet really attentive.

Met some new business colleagues in the area. Went to dinner together ... guess where? La Frasca.

You'll love anything on the menu.

Lobster Risotto. Calamari is EXCELLENT on the lunch menu ... different than the deep-fried with seafood sauce or aioli that you find in the chains. WONDERFUL. Had that twice. She tried the Italian Mac and Cheese. WOW! I did the seared tuna ... twice ... it was SO GOOD! Lasagna! MMM! The daily express lunch I had was a wonderful little pizza, with arugula Caesar salad and a choco torte for dessert. Squash ravioli - WOW! The Boar Burger ... unbelievable!

I'll stop. Getting hungry just thinking about all the choices on the menu we didn't get to!

And all so reasonably priced! Including the usual bot of red.

But, WE"LLBE BACK!

1  Thank TO_Trips

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Dinner with my wife and grandson on February 4th. We visit this Resturant each time we are in Halifax and have done this each of the past 6 months. The food and service on each visit has always been the same: outstanding. I would recommend this Italian food restaurant to anyone visiting Halifax. It is in walking distance from The Lord Nelson Hotel

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I tried this restaurant on a Saturday night back in the fall and found it way too noisy. As the food was great I decided it was worth a second try, but at a less busy time.

I went back recently on a Monday evening for supper - it wasn't busy, and was a MUCH more enjoyable experience. Atmosphere was intimate and relaxed, with great jazz music playing. Service was attentive and friendly (though perhaps a little obvious in attempts to "up-sell"). My husband and I both ordered pasta dishes which were very delicious, though surprisingly small portions. We shared a slice of cheesecake for dessert, which was equally tasty.

Now that I've tried this place on a non-busy night I can definitely recommend it, but would still suggest you may want to avoid weekend nights if noise and closely-spaced tables are a turn-off for you.

1  Thank EllaCat11
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Made a reservation for two around first of December. When we arrived we were seated at a table for two that had obviously been thrown into place in the middle of an aisle. I asked for an alternative table and the waitress suggested sitting with another couple by the window at a table for four! We left...happy new year, Frasca!

1  Thank William J
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Beautiful dining room with lots of decorative details. The service was very slow and lacked attention. When our meals finally arrived, they were average.

1  Thank djbucklerhubarb