“Small restaurant with big ideas”
Review of Edna Restaurant

Edna Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 760 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Excellent food served promptly and professionally. It's a great neighbourhood restaurant that attract an eclectic crowd, but all have in common looking for fine food a good atmosphere. You got them at Edna's.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Finally made use of a gift for dinner at EDNA. Found the whole experience to be lovely. A charming space (we were there just after they opened at 5pm on a Friday and had a table for two). After 6pm it was full but never really too loud inside - although the crowd was most definitely young (25-35ish).

The menu changes often and for the two of us we had two starters (pork belly was my favorite). Two mains (swordfish that my guest loved and I had duck breast which was also lovely). Dessert was my least favorite part of the meal - decent but not outstanding - we shared flourless chocolate cake (the best dessert of the two) and passion fruit panna cotta (I love panna cotta but found the passion fruit not to MY personal liking). Dinner for two with two glasses of wine, two starters, two entrees, two desserts and coffee/tea came to 132. It was a lovely evening and a great spot that I will visit again.

1  Thank SaltyFry
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have been to Edna a number of times and were very pleased with it. Everything is good: food, service, ambiance. Edna is the the worthy successor of the highly popular Jane's on the Common, which unfortunately closed.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My family and I went to this Restaurant for the first time on March 15th 2014. There were five of us in the party. All of us were very pleased with the atmosphere, the service and the choices on the menu. We were also extremely pleased with the quality and price of each of our dishes. All in All it was an excellent experience and we will certainly visit this restaurant on our next trip to Halifax.

2  Thank Raymond B
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is the "it" spot in Halifax. Eclectic decor, well executed, delicious food. I haven't been disappointed with a dish yet. Too bad they don't accept reservations - be prepared to awkwardly stand in a doorway crowd if you show up at a popular dining time.

1  Thank cnnHalifaxNs