“Great date night!”
Review of 2 Doors Down

2 Doors Down
Ranked #5 of 715 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Great date night!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We discovered this restaurant in a Halifax dining guide, and I'm so happy we decided to go! This is a lovely little restaurant that offers many different menu items and drinks for a variety of different budgets!

The serving staff treated us extremely well, and were very knowledgeable about the menu (food AND drinks).

We tried their bar bites (smaller than appetizers) to start - I had the shrimp tacos, which were delicious, and just the right size for a starter. I believe they were $5 - a great value for such a flavourful starter! My boyfriend had the mozza bites, which were $6 and perfectly melty and delicious!

For the main course, I had to try the smokehouse cheeseburger, which was to DIE for. My boyfriend had the seafood chowder (his favourite) and was extremely satisfied with it! They also had a great list of local wines and beers, and proudly boasted the fact that all of their ingredients (whenever possible) were locally grown and produced. We really felt like this was a taste of Halifax!

The layout of the restaurant is very fun and the mood is light. It was perfect for a date night while visiting Halifax - one of my favourite cities! My only regret is that I didn't discover it sooner so that I could have gone during a previous visit to Halifax ;)

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Casual and friendly”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate here on our first night in Halifax. The decor was very stylish and unique.
I ordered a lovely Nova Scotian white wine and my boyfriend had a delicious cider beer. His smoky potato chowder was AHmazing! Though, it didn't have any potatoes-just loads of delicious and fresh seafood. I ordered the falafal which was a bit on the small side and a little dry. The cheese and sauce that went with it were amazing though.
Our waiter was extremely helpful in giving us tips on where to explore in Nova Scotia for our holiday.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Canadian Slow Food”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Do not miss this Halifax gem! It's two doors down from Chives, which has the same owner although 2 Doors Down is about 1/3 less and food is better than Chives! Staff is super helpful, lots of locals hang out here and service is quick. Loved the spring vegetable risotto and the green salad is one of the best I've had. They shop at the local farmer's market and bring to the table whatever they find which means it's fresh, tasty and always high quality. Presentation is beautiful, plates are colorful with a variety of foods. I'd eat here every week if I lived in Halifax - do yourself a favor and drop by. Just don't miss the local cider - it's amazing!

Calgary, Canada
“Kale caesar salad so good”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great service on busy evening. The kale Caesar salad was amazing. what a novel change. Oh, and the beer was good, too.

Visited June 2014
Tequesta
“Great last meal in Halifax”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We have been on the road for four weeks and our last night here ate at 2 Doors Down..it was great..service better than most..and our two pasta dishes were as good as it gets..loved my bar bite zucchini blossom appetizer and my husband loved his wine...a memorable dinner for sure..