“This is where I eat in Halifax”
Review of 2 Doors Down

2 Doors Down
Ranked #3 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The entire menu is brilliant. Elegantly simple. Superb. Halifax might have a vibrant food scene, but I wouldn't know because I only bother to eat at Two Doors Down. Try it once and you will come back at least 3 more times to sample more from their menu.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Modern decor with very attentive and knowleable waitress. My husband loved his thai dish and I really enjoyed my buttermilk chicken with sweet potato and black beans. My only critism was the $12 glass of wine. Too much money. Overall very good.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My sister & brother-in-law brought us to 2 Doors Down recently, along with our two nephews (a toddler & a baby). We went early (5pm) due to our young companions, and so the restaurant was nearly empty. Service was fast & friendly, and the food was outstanding. I loved the crispy haddock burger and roasted cauliflower soup, and tried some of the halibut taco and the mac & cheese bites which were both excellent. The others at our table also loved their dishes (including our toddler who had spaghetti & meatballs). The plating was excellent and all the flavors were fresh. Our dessert (chocolate mousse) was a great finish, with a fun presentation in a mason jar.
The restaurant was baby-friendly and we look forward to returning next time we're in Halifax.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent service, surprisingly great food and a nice cap on a long, productive day. The fish taco (Halibut) was masterfully prepared with a light breading accompanied by guacamole, salsa and coriander - yum!

Went "all in" with fish as I chose the Haddock burger, and it was awe inspiring. Be sure to try the kale cesar salad. I'm in Halifax for another 5 days and I'll be back at least once more.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We arrived about 7:30 on a Saturday evening..... they told us it was about a 45 minute wait for a table of 4..... the next group behind us were a party of 5 they were seated almost immediately at a table for 6.... we waited for about an hour at the bar..... try the Luckett Phone Box red wine...it's great... the menu is small but offers something for everyone including the vegetarian. We split a couple of appetizers between the 4 of us and each had a main each, seafood pie of the day was amazing and the fired mac and cheese was very good as well.....sadly no room for dessert. would highly recommend.... it was worth the wait!