“Flavour-filled food and a friendly welcome”
Review of 2 Doors Down

2 Doors Down
Ranked #4 of 751 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Needed feeding as I walked back to my hotel after a busy day on business in Halifax, looked at the menu in the window and thought 2 Doors Down looked promising, so walked in and was greeted by a smiling waitress who found me a comfy spot and left me in the capable hands of server Andru - who plays reggae in his other life. On his recommendation tried the delicious, spicy tomato, goat cheese and chive soup followed by a richly flavoured burger, all washed down with local microbrewery ales, one pint of Big Spruce Cereal Killer stout and one of Hell Bay English Ale. A pleasant spot to spend an hour or two, would certainly call by again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is 2 doors down from a very high-end localista restaurant called chives.
The former sous chef there doesalighter style of cooking here that's a lot homier. Home is where the chef has trained,which includes the UK, which accounts for the Welsh flair of some dishes,such as lamb pie. I had a Thai- style fish dish. The fusion is terrific.
We took 2 halfax newliwed beer lovers and all apapreciated the nice selection of craft beers.
There's a great future for halifax cuisine! Wayne R

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived on a rainy day and the three of us sat by the window. The place was busy for lunch, but we were greeted by friendly staff and made to feel welcomed. The menu was full of delightful dishes and our waiter guided us through. The place has a rustic downtown feel and I love the half booth seating.
The "Ploughman" appetizer is a must, a board full of tasty bites of cheese, pate, bread, and more.
The pot pies are full of deliciousness with a flakey crust and you must save room for dessert!
We will return to sample more :)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We chose 2 Doors Down for the send-off of a colleague. The restaurant was very busy but they were able to accommodate our large group in short order. The cocktail menu is a nice change from the norm and the food was excellent. Our server was very attentive and helpful with navigating the interesting choices. I had the Pie In The Sky, one of their signature dishes; a pot pie prepared in a small cast iron pan. Although wonderful to look at, I found the filling to be a bit disappointing. Not in taste, but in quantity. A pot pie should be bursting with contents. However, as I mentioned, it tasted great. Can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Walked in to see the menu thinking it might be a great place to have a light and late lunch in preparation for a great seafood dinner at the "Chives" sister restaurant down the street.

We were greeted with a very snippy attitude and a flip of the menu towards us. Seemed that we were either too late for lunch or to early for dinner. The person at the entrance desk was simply not welcoming or inviting.

Turned around and left. We found another place for lunch and subsequently a differentt place than "Chives" for dinner.

Too bad because we thought we would have a great meal. I am sure where we are going will be even better for a welcome and a smile.

6  Thank WanderinginItaly