“Excellent!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went on Sunday, before they opened but welcomed us in.
They were doing orders for people to pick up and they were amazing.
The owners are great people and so are there staff.
I will drive 45 minutes to enjoy what they are offering!
Ramen is very good and their sushi is the best in the city.
Great job by Chef Kevin and his staff.
To steal a popular line "You have to eat here"

2  Thank Pat M

Reviewed March 16, 2014

After we've discovered this spot a while ago, we have returned EVERY WEEK!
We love everything about Tako Sushi: the atmosphere, the amazing hospitality provided by the owner/shef and his staff, and the delicious food, of course!

I can not express how at home we are made feel every time we visit, they treat you very special. The owner will even prepare you something extra and delicious, at no charge, to show his appreciation of returning customers! How SWEET of him!!! :) Thank you!!!

Everything taste superb at this restaurant, you just can't go wrong. For dessert, a must try is their tempura fried mango ice cream, it is HEAVENLY!!! :)

2  Thank Fair-First
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Have been to Tako 4 or 5 times and it has always been great. The staff is amazing and spends the time required to make you meal 100%. I WILL GO BACK!

1  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Been to the restaurant a couple times and food is very good; however I find it very expensive. The owner, sushi chef is very friendly and the staff are friendly and efficient. I liked everything we ordered except for the sunomono, which I found disappointing and would not reorder

Reviewed February 13, 2014

While I might not make the drive out on a regular basis as my usual hotel is in the heart of downtown Halifax, I quite enjoyed my lunch at the sushi bar chatting with the chef. The fish was very fresh and clean tasting. If I had one constructive criticism, it would be that the rice could use some work... It was overly granular and fell apart far too easily. I will certainly be back for dinner sometime in order to try a couple of the rolls and ramen. Give them a shot!