“The Death of Sushi Nami”
Review of Tako Sushi & Ramen

Tako Sushi & Ramen
Ranked #55 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stumbled upon this place some months ago, and when I saw "ramen" in the title I knew I had to go. I was not disappointment when I sat down for the first time. My server was very friendly, helped out with the menu, and I picked out of first of bowl of real ramen in Halifax. It was fantastic! The broth was so flavorful, and unlike soups in some Asian restaurants this restaurant stayed true to different types of broth from different areas of Japan. A soy based salty broth from Tokyo, and a miso based broth from Hokkaido are only a couple of the delicious choices. The sushi was fantastic once I had it as well (I had to try all the ramen first!!). I used to be a devoted to Sushi Nami but their standards have dropped (at least in Clayton Park), so I was thrilled when I found this place. I have been back a dozen times, and I'm a known face. I always feel welcome and the staff miss me when I'm away for too long! I sometimes get a little extra with my meals; I really feel appreciated as a customer. As a side note, the take-out bowls they provide for soups are awesome!! You can even microwave them! I love this place and I hope they keep up the great work.

2  Thank Patricia S

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Found the restaurant through trip advisor. We were not disappointed, really good, really fresh sushi. The black dragon roll, the caterpillar roll and the avocado kaisen were among the best we have tasted. The service was great and the prices were extremely reasonable. Although not the easiest location to find, certainly worth the effort if you are craving sushi in the Bayers Lake area.

1  Thank volleydad
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The quality of food here is excellent, prices are reasonable, but it is the service that tops it all. Staff and owner/chef are wonderful, genuinely friendly. This will be my new sushi restaurant. The quality is similar to what you would get a Hamachi/Nami.

1  Thank A C
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great sushi restaurant. I have been there twice and each time was excellent. The quality of the food was really high and very fresh. I had the mango roll for something different and really enjoyed it. Great food well priced.

1  Thank CanadaJam
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Two of us went for lunch. We had edamame, mixed tempura, spicy butterfish maki, shrimp tempura roll, inari and teppan udon chicken. All were very good. The owners/waitress were very friendly and helpful. Great local sushi restaurant.