“Trying to be everything”

Harbourstone Sea Grill & Pour House
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbourstone Sea Grill & Pour House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 751 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Barrington
Transit: Harbourstone is located within a few minutes walk from the public bus transportation system and several bus terminals it is also conveniently a short 5 minute walk to the downtown ferry terminal. Terminals Ferry .25 mile(s) Barrington Bus Terminal .25 mile(s)
Description: Enjoy all-day dining in harbourstone, our hotel’s chic, fresh restaurant specializing in local, chef crafted cuisine.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is built in the old lobby bar of the Marriott Waterfront hotel. It now is part lobby bar, part sports bar and part restaurant. The Menu is relatively small and the regular wine list boring at best except for the special wine of the week which had an excellent Spanish red. I was served an excellent chowder of corn bacon but also a "steak fried rice" which was undercooked.

The ambiance was noisy. There is no view except flat screen TVs. I booked on Open Table and half way through dinner received an email that the restaurant had canceled my reservation.

Generally hotel guests are better off to walk to many of the excellent nearby Halifax eateries.

HalifaxMarriott, Public Relations Manager at Harbourstone Sea Grill & Pour House, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We appreciate your review. We're glad you enjoyed our fabulous bacon corn chowder, and our weekly wine special!

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We had supper last night and breakfast this morning.

One meal was a fantastic seafood chowder with chunks of lobster, mussels, shrimp and scallops for less than $10. The other meal was a cold half a lobster on a large bed of greens for $10. The meals were delicious, and the service was exceptional.

Breakfast was quickly served and excellent. Once again the prices were reasonable and our waitress was great.

We thank you for your lovely review, and are glad you enjoyed our delicious locally-sourced, fresh seafood, and prompt, friendly service!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A casual restaurant with an elegan feel. The food was outstanding. If you are interested in a chowder, you won't find any better. The beet salad was also superb. The clams and mussels were amazingly fresh and delicious. We will definitely return even though we are only here for three days. Mary Beth treated us with her warm smile and gracious personality, only adding to our perfect evening. A definite must.

HalifaxMarriott, Public Relations Manager at Harbourstone Sea Grill & Pour House, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience at harbourstone!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I really appreciated the extra attention the staff gave when it came to picking a gluten free option. They were patient and very knowledgeable about the food and how it was prepared. Had an amazing pork chop meal and tower of seafood the first night and an even more amazing omelette and GF toast in the morning. Thanks for the great experience

1  Thank Elizabeth H

Thank you for the review! We're glad you found our amazing staff to be so knowledgeable about your allergy. We never take allergies lightly, and always remain mindful of them. See you soon we hope!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am currently staying at the Marriott Harbourfront. I visited the restaurant yesterday and today, ordering the same 'good start' breakfast. Yesterday's service was efficient and the breakfast was healthy with oatmeal and fresh fruit. Today, I asked if they still had breakfast items on the menu and was told they did. I was told to seat myself anywhere. The same waitress then brought me a lunch/dinner menu and wine list. I finally got a breakfast menu and ordered the same as yesterday, but with cold cereal. It took about 15 minutes for the food to arrive. The toast was dry and the were no jams or butter with it. Yesterday's toast was buttered and there were 2 slices. I looked for a server for about 5 minutes, finally someone came out of the kitchen and I asked for something to put on the toast. When she came back the original waitress was there. I asked why I got 2 slices of toast yesterday and only one today with no butter? She took it back and came out with 2 slices, barely toasted and had placed a butter dish on TOP of the toast! Needless to say, I didn't eat the top piece and barely touched the other as it was like eating warmed up rye bread.
I was hoping to return for dinner tonight, as the front desk recommends the food, but now looking on tripadvisor for a better recommendation.

HalifaxMarriott, Front Office Manager at Harbourstone Sea Grill & Pour House, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we are so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on excellent guest service, and will be further investigating this matter to ensure this does not happen again. We do hope to see you again.