“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

When a friend says "I know this great vegetarian restaurant on Quinpool" I almost said "No thanks, I'm a devout carney."
But I'm glad I kept my rarely-closed trap closed. Garden of Eat'n was damn good. And a very nicely designed, attractive space - all soft, mellow, warm colours.

There were plenty of meat choices at Garden of Eat'n and they all looked very good.
But it was the veggie choices that caught my eye - different, thoughtful, attractive.

In the end I went for seafood chowder (a delightful thin cream base with big chunks of very identifiable protein), and the beef & lamb kabob with rice (spiced just right).

Comments: I asked for a green tea and was delighted to see a large tea-pot arrive (I even said so to the very attentive waiter). But it was only ⅓ full !! I know it's easy to ask for a hot-water top-up, but please fill my pot!
There was a big computer generated slideshow on the wall, but the light was so low to be obtrusive, blinding half our table. So we moved the table a foot (the restaurant wasn't busy) and we were fine. But a small, strategically placed piece of cardboard under the projector lens would have prevented blinding patrons.

There were halal, veggie and gluten free choices too. We discovered the owner was from Iran - very approachable. We'll be back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank britt77

Halifax, Canada
“Calm and cool”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This place has a cosy calming welcoming atmosphere. I enjoy just sitting and observing. And the food is great too.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Liz B
Halifax, Canada
“Best coffee in town AND great organic food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I came by this place due to a FB post I read. I love my coffee and am a foodie. I can't say enough about there new Cafe. They told me that they import coffee from the Himalayas....crazy, but mind blowing good. I also had to try some of their in-house baked organic goods and was pleasantly surprised. I will be back in the evening to try their full menu. Certainly my new favorite Latte spot...:)in all of Halifax

• Visited January 2014
Saint John
“Better than Expected!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went to this restaurant not knowing what to expect. Well, we were very pleased. The service was over the top! The food was lovely! The ambience of this place was relaxing & peaceful. There were 3 of us and each ordered a different meal, none of which was bad. Everything was very tasty and we shared so that says alot! Definitely a must visit Restaurant when in Halifax.

• Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Philly steak”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to this place while visiting Halifax. It is not an Iranian restaurant, as advertised here. It offers something close to fusion cuisine. You’ll find things like noodles, Philly wraps, Iranian stews, etc. I ordered Philly steak wrap and my wife ordered pad Thai. My Philly has probably been the best I have had so far. My wife’s pad Thai was also superb. We finished our meal with very delicious fruit mini tarts. Very fresh and tasty.

• Visited July 2013