“Better second time around.”

Acadian fish and chips
Ranked #193 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Grill
Description: Opened 11am - 8pm daily offering dinner and supper. We can seat 45 inside and 40 on the deck in the summer season. We are licensed and specialize in fresh seafood (haddock, clams, scallops, lobster) we also offer kids menu, hamburgers, chicken fingers, newfie fries. We now have 2 locations - 1990 Hammonds Plains road and South Center Mall - 16 Dentith road, Halifax
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was my second visit to acadian fish and chips and as the tiltle states.."it was even better the second time around". Food was delicious, and they even sell ice cream now. I will be back again for sure my next visit to Halifax.

1  Thank w0190551
There are newer reviews for Acadian fish and chips

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The fish was suppose to be haddock but it didn't taste like it at all.
Price was average.
Place was nice and clean.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had the fish and chips which were...well, fish and chips. The fish tasted fresh and was cooked well but was pretty much the same as all the other fish I've had all my life around here. The fries were not home made and disappointing. We also ordered the biggest hot dog that I've ever seen which turned out to be nothing special (except for the size). It came with your usual suspects (ketchup, mustard, relish) but nothing else to choose from. The restaurant is very clean, bright and new. The owner, who was working behind the counter, was very friendly and polite...which is always a plus for me. I will be returning. Did the Acadians really serve up store bought frozen fries?

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I thought we would try a new fish & chip restaurant so we headed out to Acadian Fish & Chips. I'm really sorry we wasted the gas driving all the way out to Hammond's Plains. I was so disappointed when I realized that the fries were frozen and not fresh cut. Who uses frozen fries anymore. Real fish and chips come with fresh cut fries not frozen. The serviing size was great and the service was very good but the fish was very greasy. Neither of us finished our meals.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved it...loved it. Fish was nice and crispy, lots of food for the money. The 3 piece could feed two people for sure, the poutine was great also. They make their own homestyle gravy which is delicious. Owners are always very friendly and interactive with the patrons...even though it is a takeout style restaurant they still come over to your table to see how everything was and if there is anything that you need. Will be back for sure.

2  Thank w0190551