“Wonderful private tour”
Review of Halifax Tour Guys

Halifax Tour Guys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: All Tours are customized to your Particular Interests and Time constraints whether Shore Excursion, Convention Tour or a longer stay. Part, full and multi day tours available. All Guides are Vetted. They are Local, Knowledgeable and Experienced. Vehicles are clean, well maintained and smoke free. We provide baby and toddler seats, step ups for ease of getting in and out of our larger vehicles. Recommended as a Travel Destination by National Geographic, Lonely Planet, Fodors, Frommers, Conde Nast, CNN, Huffington Post. Come See for yourself what they are all writing about! Experience first hand a taste of our Maritime Hospitality and visit some of the highlights of our beautiful province.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was our first cruise, and we thought the shore excursions offered by the cruiseline were just too expensive. We decided to go with a private company instead, and Halifax Taxi was available. We set it up months in advance and Lucinda communicated with everyone in our party via email. We were a group of two senior adults and their two adult children. We wanted a tour with limited walking, where we could still see many of the sites and have a few chances for pictures. We also wanted to see if we could visit a church, since one of our group is a church organist and thought it would be wonderful if he had a chance to play on an organ. Halifax Taxi came through with flying colors. Gary was our tour guide, and he was wonderful. He was a Haligonian, and he knew a lot about the different sites, especially the Titanic site. We were able to see a lot without spending too much time at any one place, and we were even able to visit a church so my dad could play the organ! If we ever come back to Halifax, we will definitely use Halifax Taxi Tours again.

1  Thank Cincy513OH
in 4 reviews
"scarecrow festival"
"his knowledge"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 8 reviews
in 6 reviews
"great stories"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2014

As a one day cruise ship visitor to Halifax, I thought this highly rated company might be my best bet for my short stay in town. I wasn't disappointed.

While I was very pleased with our driver/guide, Samson, and our itinerary, I'm most keen about how professional Lucinda was in making the arrangements well in advance of my cruise arrival. As with other stops on our cruise, I had e-mailed vendors as to what they my suggest and offer. Lucinda replied promptly, provided suggestions, matched me up with another couple from the cruise (as I was touring solo) and kept me well informed.

Excellent service, very professional and I highly recommend the company.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Having called Halifax Taxi well in advance of our arrival on Oceania's Marina, I was fortunate to have Al answer my call. He was very knowledgeable and so pleasant that I requested him specifically when I called to make final reservation - this was after talking with other groups and deciding Halifax Taxi was definitely for me. I mentioned that I was not sure of the number and Lucinda was very flexible and even referred another couple to me to see if we were a "fit" to share vehicle and expense. We were not but the cost was definitely worth having Al and the van to ourselves. Halifax is beautiful and the history that he was able to share AND THE LOBSTER will make for wonderful memories. We drove to Peggy's Cove long enough to say we had seen the lighthouse and to get some gingerbread and that was quite sufficient - others who had taken ship's tour complained about their scheduled stop being much too long. I can't recommend the personal attention as well as the tour highly enough. Gillwithag@charter.net

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I arranged this tour prior to our visit as we were cruising up the East Coast and the cost of the ship tour was much more expensive. We arrived in Halifax and it was very cold & windy, this wasn’t a deterrent as the van was warm and comfortable. I have walking difficulties and travel with a small fold up mobility scooter, again not a problem the scooter fitted comfortably in the back of the van. Halifax was easily our favourite private tour, apart from the beautiful area & the gorgeous Peggy's Cove, Bubbles our guide & driver, was informative with all his local knowledge, entertaining with his humour, generous with his time & a very considerate driver.
The lobster lunch was the best lobster we'd ever tasted at the Ryers Retail Lobster Shed, freshly cooked and served with hot butter. The whole day was very enjoyable.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We arranged this tour in a six-person van in advance of a cruise ship stop, via TripAdvisor (mediated by the tour operator). Even though it occurred on a Sunday morning, early in the tour season, the guide/driver was knowledgeable about Halifax and Peggy's Cove (a bit touristy). He even provided coffee and tea at his own expense at a local chain outlet, during the trip (without being prompted). We were thoroughly pleased and recommend this non-cruise line tour to anyone who wants a quality experience at less than is charged for less personal arrangements by the cruise industry.