“It's alright”
Review of Tempo Food + Drink

Tempo Food + Drink
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempo Food + Drink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 760 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tempo Food + Drink is a contemporary, urban open kitchen eatery situated street side on the busiest corner in Halifax. Tempo offers locally inspired comfort food with a twist morning, noon, and night. The convenient Grab + Go section takes the guess work out of your brown bag lunch decisions and fills the morning emptiness with its made from scratch all natural products! Something fun, funky and fresh for everyone. Great wines by the glass and inspired cocktails are dished up by schooled mixologists in a hip and trendy lounge, making it a great place to end your day or start your night.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Nice atmosphere, food portion (had the breakfast skillet) is enormous, too large actually. The food is typical, way too salty. Felt like it was a fair value for money.

I was told that only two people finished the skillet, this gives an idea of the size (and the waste of food).

HarbourCityGrill, Manager at Tempo Food + Drink, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. The skillet breakfast is definitely a large portion! We do try and let our guests know about the size before they order. Our other breakfast portions are more average sized! We do hope you come back and visit us again.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

the resto is casual, so don't expect upscale of any sort... better for a group of friends rather than a date. the decor is interesting but again not intimate, so better for group outings. our server was great, no complaints there.

the food did take awhile and then our mains came up at the same time as our apps. they were delivered by an different server who should have caught that everything was going to the same table. We were one of two tables in the restaurant and the only one ordering food, so i'm not sure how the kitchen got confused.

the food tasted fine but there was nothing that left me wanting to go back a second time. and the prices were reasonable, but perhaps slightly high for the value of the entire experience.

Thank you so much for your valuable comments. We really appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the timing mix up! It is definitely not the service we strive for at Tempo! We do hope that you come back and visit us again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been to Tempo numerous times, I mainly just go for the jamesons whiskey because I live close by. First couple of times I went were ok... I went for brunch there and it was awesome. I went for Tapas & Drinks most of the time... Few of the Tapas are sad... the chicken on a stick, I felt like I was given exactly like but you'd think thre would be some kind of presentation... no.... it looked like someone boiled the chicken and threw it on a plate. It was disgusting. The deserts I dont like either - theres been 2 times where I get the SAME waiter, and he's ok, until you dont agree with something or you voice your concerns. He gets his back up and shruggs his shoulder, almost like "oh well" - this isnt the first time, I have complained about him. Could the manager please contact me because I would like to tell you in private about the experience I had.

Cayla (cmpjoudrey@hotmail.com)

2  Thank cmpjoudrey
HarbourCityGrill, Manager at Tempo Food + Drink, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Hi Cayla,
A lot has happened in the last 24 hours.
We are very grateful for your comments and, most of, all your re-visit....Yeah!!
As you stated through our other correspondence, we are very glad you enjoyed everything.
Looking forward to seeing you in the future
Thanks from the Tempo team!!

Manager Tempo Food+Drink

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our server was attentive, but the food took almost 40 minutes from the time we ordered, which considering my table was on a lunch break and the restaurant is near several office buildings, was too slow. It was busy but not packed. They were serving the brunch menu instead of the lunch menu (our server explained it was because it was the Christmas holidays), and I ordered the waffle benedict, which came with 2 soft eggs cooked just the way I ordered, smoked ham and 2 very generic waffles (they kind of tasted like Eggos); the saving grace was the home fries which were spiced nicely and crispy. It was a generic decent eggs benedict. My friend ordered the lentil burger with side salad which she said was good.

The restaurant was a bit awkward, for example, I ordered water which was served in a glass that was too small (server had to keep coming back to refill it), and came with an awkward tall straw which was too skinny and tall to be of any use. The banquet seating on 1 side of each table is too low, so I had to awkwardly lean on the table to eat. And the lights above our table kept flickering randomly on and off so sometimes we were in the dark. I agree with other reviewers that it feels a bit like a cafeteria, and we avoided sitting near the windows because of all the foot traffic; when I walk past the restaurant I always feel like a busybody when I notice people inside that I know.

After tax/tip, my meal only came to $18 which I think was not too bad for the amount of food, as I was quite full after. I would go back, but only if someone else suggested it.

HarbourCityGrill, Manager at Tempo Food + Drink, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments as we appreciate all input.
Obviously, a lunch experience that takes that long is unacceptable service to us or anyone in the hospitality industry.
It is nice to hear that there were a couple of things you enjoyed.
In the future, when you decide to revisit us please do not hesitate to contact me as we, at Tempo, would like to improve upon your experience.
Thanks
Manager
Tempo

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Myself and my GF were attending a Christmas Party downtown when a friend text us to join them for a beer. I have been wanting to try Tempo eversince the Delta sank some money into it. I know some like this sort of decor but it looked like a fancy cafeteria to me. No privacy at the tables as they are laid out like a place to have Breakfast or Lunch. I would never comer here for Dinner. I just think they tried too hard on the Decor and missed the boat. Come on people, put some flooring down. I have attached a picture of the Christmas Tree in the corner of the Delta Lobby near the opening of the restaurant. Must have been the same designer. Give me a break.
Anyway, we went for a beer. We went to the table where our friends were and started chatting. after 10 minutes I realized the staff didn't come by. One of my friends told me that they won't come by. There were 3 servers hanging off the bar and not one was on the floor. So I went to the bar and said, "Can I get a server down here?" and I went back to my seat. 10 more minutes and nothing. So I went to the bar and got my own beer. I did not leave a tip. Anyway, the service was non-existant.
I expected more....nice investment Delta.

HarbourCityGrill, Manager at Tempo Food + Drink, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Terribly sorry that you had an experience like the one you described.
We, at Tempo , are certainly not setting out to create this kind of atmosphere for anyone.
It would be very helpful for me if you could provide the approximate time of day you were there.
I certainly hope you do revisit us and if you do please do not hesitate to contact me beforehand so we could atone for this most unpleasant experience of yours.

Manager Tempo