“This is one of the best lunch deals in town”
Review of Piatto

Piatto
Ranked #43 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Piatto is a gathering place centred around a passion for fine food, fabulous wines, friends and family. Check out the little gems we've come across—diverse wines from across the globe, authentic Neapolitan wood-fired pizza, coffee and fabulous desserts—all in a casual atmosphere and with reasonable prices. In our world, authenticity is big. Our pizzaiolo use ingredients and procedures regulated by the Italian governing association (VPN)—so you experience a "true" pizza like you would find in the energetic pizzerias in Naples, Italy (but without the airfare).
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I love pizza but I do not love the way I feel after eating some pizzas. Tired, bloated and awful. These pizzas have a beautiful thin crust, fresh and delicious toppings and I never feel anything but happily satisfied after eating here. The varieties are incredible and the flavours are delicious! I've been about 5 times for lunch - the lunch special is a salad or soup and a small fresh pizza. My favourite is the Stephanie pizza with the caesar salad. My husband and sons love the Pancetta white pizza with olive oil. Ask for the spicy olive oil to dip your crust in.
We love the tiramisu.
The staff are friendly, welcoming and happy looking. Great vibe, you can watch them make your pizza as the kitchen is open. The place is always packed. The music is not too loud which a huge pain in some restaurants in Halifax. You can hear your companions and have a conversation. Would recommend 100%.
We try go after 1pm or around 5:30 for dinner to beat the crowd and wait.

There are newer reviews for Piatto

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I absolutely love this restaurant. It is a great addition to downtown Halifax. The food is always delicious and the prices are very resonable. Service is excellent. I eat hear whenever possible and consider it one of the best spots I've ever been too. Easily the best pizza in town!!! It's a unique restaurant and is great for dinner with friends, date night or lunch with clients.LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Go today!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've eaten here about five times. The first three times were within six months of opening, the last two were during the summer and fall of 2013. I find that the quality of food is going down. It's pizza, it's okay...not spectacular, it's loud. I truly find that their pizza lacks flavor, it's quite bland. I've eaten at Piatto in St. John's and it didn't have this problem? I also used to frequent Famoso in Edmonton and it was miles better than Piatto.
The appetizers at Piatto are quite good. If I was to go back, I would skip the pizza and eat those. Says a lot when it's a pizza restaurant!

1  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The pizza and salads were wonderful! I especially enjoyed the herbed goat cheese and beet salad with maple dressing. It was really good. The staff was friendly and professional. Get there early because the restaurant was full by 6:30 pm om a Sunday night.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the best wood fired pizza in Halifax - conveyer belt ovens are killing pizza - it always comes out piping hot with the right amount of done-ness of the crust. Love their enomatic wine server, so you can enjoy fine wines while enjoying excellent pizza.

Try the Napoli pizza - cappers and anchovies - awesome.