“Pizza treats”

Piatto
Ranked #45 of 711 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Piatto is a gathering place centred around a passion for fine food, fabulous wines, friends and family. Check out the little gems we've come across—diverse wines from across the globe, authentic Neapolitan wood-fired pizza, coffee and fabulous desserts—all in a casual atmosphere and with reasonable prices. In our world, authenticity is big. Our pizzaiolo use ingredients and procedures regulated by the Italian governing association (VPN)—so you experience a "true" pizza like you would find in the energetic pizzerias in Naples, Italy (but without the airfare).
Halifax,Nova Scotia
“Pizza treats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice selection of tasty pizzas.
Like the neighbourhood atmosphere.
Doesn't take reservations so may require a wait at peak times.

Visited February 2013

halifax,nova scotia canada
“gourmet pizza at it's finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I went to Piatto friday to check it out as we had heard great things about it.My husband deems himself an expert on anything pizza.
First the decor is great from the Vespa hanging on the wall to the lighting. NO crowded tables right next to each other, lots of seating along the windows.Very open and airy.
The waitress was sweet and very attentive, A plus in my book.
The pizza was fabulous. I had the Della Terra, olive, artichoke and mushroom and I could have licked the plate. Caesar salad also wonderful.
Guess it gets pretty crowded later and they don't make reservations and go early.
Highly recommend it to anyone that loves thin crust artisan pizza.

• Visited May 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“I thought I was in Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Vespas decorating the floors and walls, the scent of fresh pizza wafting through the air, people animately talking with their hands....if you want to experience Italy without spending the airfare, go to Piatto's on Morris Street.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
“One of the best pizzas in Halifax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The crust... that's what makes it special! The flour they use is as fine as cornstarch, so the dough is chewy perfection. The atmosphere is bright, sunny and open. No complaints about this place. But don't come here expecting Boston Pizza. This is the real thing.

Halifax
“Wasn't what I was expecting...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I waited almost a year to go to Piatto, I couldn't wait, I was so excited. My husband and I hadn't been out in awhile and this was the place I picked. I LOVE pizza, it's something I can't get enough of (but I love good pizza, not out of the box and not a greasy place..I like quality) I heard good and bad reviews about Piatto but my expectations were high. We went Saturday night, knowing it was going to be busy we were prepared for the wait and knew it would be worth it. We sat at the bar for about 20 minutes and then we were seated at a table for 4, the server was hesitant to give us the table as she wanted to keep it for 4 people and not giving to a party of 2 but the only table available was one by the window next to the bar and literally people were on top of the people at the 2 seated tables so we told our waiter we would really like to have the other one. She agreed, then a server came and brought us the menu, we placed our order and I asked for the wine list. Our salad came, then the pizza from another server. She placed it down and off she went. We never seen anyone again until it was time to ask for our bill. We didn't get water, I didn't get to order my wine, there was no offering of pepper or "how's your dinner"....nothing. That was bizzare to me.
The pizza....was so tasteless, very bland, the middle was barley cooked, the crust was lightly brown (so satisfactory crust). We had the Pollo di Pesto. I wouldn't go again. I was looking forward to the oven brick pizza but hands down the Arglye Bar & Grill pizza is so much better. And Salvatores can't be beat for flavor! I do like the location of Piatto and the atmosphere, but the service and food was a dissapointment.