Commons Inn
Atlantica Hotel Halifax(Halifax)
Delta Hotels Halifax(Halifax)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree parkingminute walk from the waterfrontfree breakfastsome tlcclose to downtownantique furniturebooked this hotelvisiting halifaxcitadelprosconswharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The place is really beat up. The bed is terrible. The shower is tiny. All the furniture looked like it had been bought at garage sales and just shoved in the room. The "Continental Breakfast" was not even worth my time. Look I know what that means but could I get some cream cheese for my toast not kraft cheese slices I mean jeez. Cereal containers were dirty. Yogurt out of date. Throw out the damn newspapers from last week also. You know those stains on the wall when you bang furniture against it my walls were covered in them. The bloody lamp shades were broken and stained. The bed is tiny and quite frankly I slept with the lights on and my clothes on. The staff is nice enough.

Room Tip: Don't find somewhere else to stay. It's near a fire station.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank theklingon
Reviewed January 30, 2013

it was a clean, lovely, cosy place to stay. Service was very good. I had a great sleep. It was very close to downtown and the Halifax Infirmary was in walking distance. I would definitely be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently with my family, and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly, and my room was great given the price of the room. I had a comfortable sleep, and my room was very clean. The location was great seeing as it was just a bit away from downtown, and the free breakfast was an added perk. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a trip which included landing in Halifax, driving to Saint John (NB) and going back to Halifax.
I chose the Commons Inn because of its vicinity to downtown, and boy I was lucky!
the rooms are great, breakfast is very nice to, a 5 to 10 minutes walk to downtown and the price was very good! I had such a good time I decided to spend another night there on my way back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Going to Halifax last minute with no hotel reservation, we stayed at the Commons Inn. It was cheap, considering the rate of other hotels in Halifax. $95 with free parking. Check In was fast, aside from the guy at the desk forgot to give me my ID back (paid cash) and left it under the scanner. Called down to the desk and he asked me to come down and get it. Don't expect anything to be delivered to your room as there is only one person on the desk. The room was better than expected, with a flat screen tv mounted to the wall. The headboard on one of the beds had a nice engraving from a previous guest, picture will be attached. The bathroom was kinda sketchy, also see picture. We slept in for breakfast, so I can't comment on that. The checkout process was alright. Had to wait for front desk agent to go recheck the room before I got my deposit back because we paid cash. After checking out, my battery in my car died overnight, and I needed a boost. I asked the front desk agent if he could do anything for me, he felt his pockets then said "no". Kinda rude. Thankfully a person who lives next to the inn was outside doing yard work and he kindly gave the battery a boost. The area that the hotel is in didn't seem to bother me, I walked up the road to the 24/7 needs at 1am and had no issues. Its a diverse area, all cultures seem to flock there (and Halifax in general) and the north end is becoming Halifax's unofficial "Gay Village" with GLBT friendly businesses in the area.
Overall its a okay property, you will sleep well and the area is okay. Just don't expect the Marriott or the Prince George and you will be fine.

Room Tip: Get one near the outdoor patio if you are a smoker. Easy access to go out for a smoke because the hotel is non-smoking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends