“Could do better” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Toronto, Canada
“Could do better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Went to The Blue Olive on the advice of a staff member of my hotel; I realized when I arrived that I had been there before on a previous business trip.

Asked for a couple of menu items to be told that they don't have them anymore (perhaps they can update the menu?). I asked for a lunch menu item (I was there for dinner) but they couldn't/wouldn't accommodate the request. I ended up ordering a couple of appetizers instead.

Waitress brought over 2 pieces of grilled bread that was mostly burned; asked for another 2 pieces that came out that tasted like lemon. Calamari portion was tiny; the lamb souvlaki that my son ordered was good but again, small portion relative to the prices (which are high).

Overall, I think they could do better and offer a better experience both on service and portions.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Halifax, Canada
“Suprise on Quinpool Road”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went based on a positive comment from an acquaintance and was very pleased with the food and the service. The owners was there and came by each table to make sure that everyone was pleased with the food and service. Am definitely going back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank douglas h
Halifax, Canada
“Good value, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My family and I have eaten here on 8-9 occasions, and have never been disappointed. The various dips are excellent, and the moussaka and rack of lamp are terrific. Jimmy, the owner, is very approachable. The wine list was in the process of being replaced when I was there in early June, but the old one had a reasonable variety of wines. In sum, I can recommend the place highly, and will be back...

• Visited June 2014
nova scotia
“Great lunch spot on Quinpool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Dropped in today for lunch.The Blue Olive is a smallish space,clean and traditional blue/white greek colour scheme.today's lunch special was a grilled chicken breast with fig sauce. The portion was large- more of a dinner size.The salad was fresh and crisp with just enough dressing.(Some Greek restaurants in the area tend to have a rather wilted salad)The best thing was this very tasty fig sauce.The chef popped his head out to ask our opinion on his new creation. We told him it was great but what I really would have liked was another spoonful of that delicious sauce.Hope this dish gets added to the menu.Our server was just attentive enough, filling water glasses and checking the meal after we had sampled.Ordered a slice of baclava to go and enjoyed it at home with coffee.Very good with lots of nuts.Great spot

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank coldatlantic
Lake Echo, Nova Scotia
“Great food and Good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have never been disappointed in my choice to walk into the blue olive. I have never come in that the owner doesn't take the time to greet me and my friends at some point of our visit. The food is always enjoyed and at lunch time we never feel rushed so we can sit and chat and catch up. The restaurant is clean and bright. When you leave the Blue Olive you feel like you have visited rather than just stopped in for lunch.

• Visited February 2014