“Overpriced, not that delicious”

Q Smokehouse & Southern Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Description: Authentic southern barbeque on Argyle Street. Follow the tantalizing barbeque aroma through our front door, saunter on up to the counter and order up a po'boy, a rack of pork or beef ribs or a basket of spicy wings. And don't forget the sides - creamy mac n' cheese, fluffy yellow cornbread or maybe grilled peppers and onions to round out your barbeque feast. Patio open during summer months.
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Overpriced, not that delicious”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my bf here for valentine's day. entrees 15-20 for the beef/rib meals. Chicken was okay, brisket was not very tasty at all. Fries were soggy. Coleslaw tasted fishy. I'm not really a fan of the set up myself but some might enjoy it. You wait in line to order, have to get your own cutlery and pick up your food at the window when it's ready. Half way through the meal we ran out of bear and you have to wait in line again to get another so it's probably best to order more up front. I guess my dislike of the service is more of a personal choice but the food wasn't very good at all and not the large servings I was expecting. I will not be back.

• Visited February 2013

Moncton, Canada
“We Liked It”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Have eaten here twice and enjoyed it. Great chicken & ribs, like the counter-service style and thought the overall experience was right on. I may not be a BBQ expert but I like to think that I know good food. Q Smokehouse has it.

• Visited March 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Q does 'Cue to the Max!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Love the casual atmosphere, friendly engaging staff and awesome portion sizes! The Pulled pork and Rack of ribs were amazing.

• Visited January 2013
Shanghai, China
“My mouth is watering...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great ribs and good beer. I recommend the beef ribs with Memphis sauce.

I remember the corn bread not being very good - it was dry and tasteless.

• Visited February 2012
Dartmouth, Canada
“Never eat here when it is slow!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stopped by for a meal around 4PM on a week day. The Q was empty but the smell of BBQ filled the air. I ordered a 1/2 rack & chicken combo with a classic texas sauce & my friend had a brisket poutine. Unfortunately the ribs were just warm and the chicken was very dried out. The piece of corn bread would make a great door stop. The upside is the brisket poutine was good and very filling. It just goes to prove one should never eat this type of food when it is not busy. The food does not get turned over and has to be reheated and splashed with sauce. The chicken dries out and the end result is the customer goes away disappointed. I should have known better and came back a few hours later.

• Visited December 2012