“Excellent Chinese food with good service”
Review of Canton Garden

Canton Garden
Ranked #106 of 751 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My hubby and I regularly go to this restaurant when we can. The peking duck is quite pricey but to die for! I love the dimsum as well. In my opinion, this is the best chinese restaurant in halifax. I have never been disappointed with their service. Parking is not a problem. Will recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food is always delicious, fresh and piping hot. I have tried 3 of their different combination plates at lunch as well as individual dishes from the menu. The Singapore noodles were "spicy" and plentiful.
The Yang Chow rice is the best with chicken, shrimp and pork in the rice along with some fried egg- just how I prepare it at home.
There is never too much sodium and I am not extra thirsty after eating here.
Service is fast and friendly with welcoming smiles.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at all kinds of Chinese retaurants, and this is still my favourite. Always fresh, and district flavours. Perfectly cooked every time and portion sizes are large so good bang for you buck :)
Their dim sum on the weekends is excellent as well

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I had been here for dim sum a few months ago and the food was reasonably good, so I though that I would go for lunch. Well, the service was still good, but the lunch special was pretty awful. The food came so quickly that I'm thinking that it couldn't have been made fresh and may have been reheated. I have eaten lunch at most of the Chinese restaurants in the area and all are better than here! Do they have a different cook on the weekends? Needless to say I won't be back for lunch.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband has eaten at this restaurant a few times during the work day and he recommended it. 6 of us arrived at 6:00 on a Sunday evening. We were seated quickly and the service was excellent. There was no one else in the restaurant when we got there but by 7pm (when we were finishing up), it had a few more customers. Many people popped in to get take away as well; not surprising as this is in a residential area.

Our water glasses were kept full and the service of the food was well timed. For those that ordered appetizers, they arrived shortly after we ordered and just when those were finished, out came our main courses. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I think that the Ginger beef was a big hit though I didn't try it. The egg rolls were a bit unexpected; they were all meat vs. a little pork and cabbage.

I had the black bean and seafood dish. It was good, not too greasy as I find the majority of Asian cuisine and had a nice mix of seafood and veggies. It was not spicy at all. Don't get it though if you don't like the texture of squid; this comprised most of the seafood in the dish.

Would I go back? Yes!