“Moved”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
montreal
“Moved”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

To our great surprise and disappointment, the Grafton St location no longer exists. Everytime we visit Halifax, we must have a donair at King of Donair. As an alternative, we went across the street to Big Slice, but it just wasn't the same. Next day, we went to KOD on Quinpool and got the taste we were looking for. The service was a little slow as the only guy in the take-out had to prepare a large pizza order before making our donairs.

• Visited July 2013

Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada
“Unreal Value - Great Service!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My spouse and I as well as our three kids only had a few minutes between finishing our Clay Cafe Pottery Studio creation (See #12 in Things to do) and getting down to the Harbour for our Tall Ship cruise. The solution: run across Quinpool Road to the Donair King for a three topping LARGE pizza for $8.99 (!) Very kind server fed us all and then some for this low price. I have paid much more for much less quality.

Back in town this week, this time alone, I tried the Donair and found it superb - lots of delicious donair meat, with a great sauce and the same friendly service. I ordered the medium and along with a Dr. Pepper and tip, was out of there for about $12.

The Donair King needs to climb the ranks as far as I'm concerned!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ian G
Esterhazy, Canada
“The name says it all”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I know that those who like Donairs each have their favourite but I have always gone back to the King. It stands out as an excellent choice in Halifax

Visited August 2012
Texas
“Great picnic on the way to the airport.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

As Gordo 1980 said about his location, the Lower Sackville location was not a place to sit and savor the products made there. Not carping, just saying that this is primarily a take-out operation. The dining area was hot, and we were on the way to the airport, so we went to Laurie Park, where there were many very nicely placed picnic tables. It was great. My wife had the traditional Bonair, and I had the baked Panzarotti, with just the cheese and bonair meat. We enjoyed it very much, and it was not greatly spicy in my case.

• Visited August 2012
“Food can't be beat.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Best donair i found in halifax at a good price. Pizza also looked good and pourines looked absolutely great! Be prepared to wait a bit for your food, but its well worth it. Venue a bit run down, but par for the course on pizza cormer!