“Wonderful day!”

Grape Escapes Nova Scotia Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Food & Drink in Halifax
Reviewed June 24, 2012

A rainy day did not dampen our spirits on our fabulous tour of Annapolis Valley vineyards with Grape Escapes Nova Scotia and our tour guide extraordinaire, Susan! I've been on other wine tours over the years but this one tops them all. The four vineyards we visited most welcoming, the wines we tasted were very impressive, our lunch at Acton's in Wolfville was simply delicious, and our tour guide Susan was amazing. She took wonderful care of us but in addition, her knowledge of Nova Scotia grapes and wines greatly enhanced our experience at each of the Vineyards. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending Grape Escapes Nova Scotia!

4  Thank Ann C
"cider company"
"bus driver"
"beautiful drive"

Reviewed June 23, 2012

What a glorious day we had from start to finish. Four of us went on an incredible, fun, and laughter-filled valley wine tour with Grape Escapes. Susan, our tour guide, was amazing. On the drive down she talked enthusiastically about the beginnings of NS wine industry, the wineries we were going to visit, the wine we would be having, the grape varieties, and so on. It was interesting, informative and fun. We were excited and felt well informed of what to expect before reaching each winery – and they didn’t disappoint. I had a few favourite wines, but I think the Muscat was my most favourite and it was exactly as Susan had described it. We had so much fun with Susan today we’re already talking about booking with her for the Ice Wine Festival. I highly recommend this tour and will definitely be recommending it to friends, family and co-workers.

1  Thank Sarah O
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We had a 5 STAR day with Grape Escapes and our tour guide Susan. It was perfect from beginning to end. We arrived on The Carnival Glory on June 7th, greeted by Susan who made us feel very welcome and then whisked away to the valley for wine tasting. Susan picked 3 excellent winieries and lunch at Luckett was perfect in one of their barrel rooms. If you want to experience the wines of Halifax go no further than this great company, book it and you will see what I mean. Thanks again Susan for making our day tour perfect in Halifax and one we will talk about to all our friends.

1  Thank Phil2957
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Went on a fun and informative tour during the ice wine festival. The wineries were very interesting. I especially enjoyed the sparkling wine at l'acadie. Susan is professional and knowledgeable. I would definitely go again.

2  Thank Minskaclyde
See more reviews
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Myself and some colleagues booked a tour of the Gaspereau Valley during the February Ice Wine Festival with Grape Escapes and we couldn't have been more pleased. The setting was both informative and entertaining throughout our tour which included a well thought out selection of wineries including Avon Sky winery and the recently opened "Luckett Vineyard". Our guide was well versed in the histories and products provided by each winery, and her enthusiasm for the flourishing Nova Scotia wine industry was inspiring. I strongly recommend this tour for group events.

1  Thank Durnford_12