“My hidden gem.”

York Redoubt National Historic Site
Ranked #40 of 143 things to do in Halifax
Reviewed December 15, 2012

It is my favorite place in the world to visit. The trails are great, the building are cool. I wish that no one ever went there so that I could keep it a secret. Not sure why I am reviewing as this place is my hidden treasure that I love introducing friends to.

There are newer reviews for York Redoubt National Historic Site

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We saw a photo of this in a vacation magazine and decided to check it out. I loved the site. There is no admission and there is no guided tour. You just walk around the grounds and explore the old fortifications and cannons. Unfortunately the lower buildings can't be explored anymore due to safety concerns, but you can still go underground in a few locations.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This fort has been a favorite of mine since I can remember. I took my 6 and 10 yr old daughters to the site recently and they loved it. Nothing flashing, no rides, no tours, just a great example of the early times at the fort.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

If your are in town visiting and have some time to kill then I would recommend. A good spot that is not packed full of people so kids can walk around and explore. I wouldn't say it's a top attraction but is neat to see.

1  Thank JDTravelCanada
Reviewed July 15, 2012

love to pick blueberrys there ! Really cool to see history right in front of you