“Good Japanese fare”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We're not the most adventurous sushi eaters but we've found excellent value in the noodle bowls (either udon or sobe) with tempura, as well as the vegeterian sushis. Some of the appetizers are very good as well including the tokatsu pork and the tofu. A nice place to go when you decide to dine out on a whim

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were looking for a sandwich when we ended in the north end area. Ah well, let's try this japanese place. Very good experience! Here is what i think....
Location: very well located in the Hydrostone area northend of Halifax.
Signage: easy to find if you are looking for it.
Menu: like the other resto of the chain, a huge me u with many many things to chose from.
Service: it was good
Decor: its okay
Food: we were going for a sandwich remember... It was good we ordered some appetizers to share
Price: very decent prices.
I reco you try this place if u are in the Hydrostone area.
G

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I just enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Hamachi Kita. It was wonderful. I had the Bento Box #5 which had a spring roll, pad thai noodle, and a house salad and sushi (3 California Rolls, 3 Salmon rolls). What can I say, all were above reproach. Sushi was fresh and flavourful. Pad Thai was very good (not perfect, because I am picky), spring roll fresh hot and great dipping sauce. I sat with 3 co-workers and was able to sample some of their fare. The only shortfall was the tempura seemed to have been a little off (retained too much oil). Service was above average. The other reasons for missing a star are, a little cramped seating, lack of parking.

I will dine here again.... it it can maintain this level it will get that last star...

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Their location in the Hyrdrastone is our favourite of the chain, as it offers a wide variety of Sushi/Thai cuisine and Asian fusion dishes.
The "Stir-fried mussels" with fresh Thai basil, garlic & Thai chilli are outstanding and the broth makes a great bowl of soup, after the mussels have been devoured. The "Hottie", "Brooksie", "Golden California", "Holy Dynamite", "Chefs Spicy Tuna" and "Maritime Cucumber" rolls along with the 'Fire Kamakachi", are just a few of our favourites.
Never disappoints and a walk around the Hyrdrostone after a meal is a bonus.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hamachi Kita serves the best teriyaki ever. It is subtle, not too sweet, and not too salty. There is just enough heat to the grilled vegetables that come on the side. If I lived in Halifax, I would probably eat there once a week. The service is prompt and friendly, and you can watch your sushi be prepared at the bar. Try both the crispy and garden spring rolls...both are equally good.
The restaurant is in a very historic part of the city and has great atmosphere.
A definite must if you enjoy sushi, japanese or thai food!