“Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Wellesley, Canada
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hamachi Kita serves the best teriyaki ever. It is subtle, not too sweet, and not too salty. There is just enough heat to the grilled vegetables that come on the side. If I lived in Halifax, I would probably eat there once a week. The service is prompt and friendly, and you can watch your sushi be prepared at the bar. Try both the crispy and garden spring rolls...both are equally good.
The restaurant is in a very historic part of the city and has great atmosphere.
A definite must if you enjoy sushi, japanese or thai food!

• Visited March 2013

St. John's, Canada
“Great Asian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is my favourite location of this chain. It's on Young Street in the Hydrostone Area and it is such a lovely location. Really nice but very casual. The maki rolls are my favourite but I also enjoyed the pad thai...it was on the spicy side, so only order if you like heat. My only complaint would be that the tea pots for green tea (while I love that I get the whole pot rather than a cup), the pot does leak when you pour and they were quick to bring any napkins.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lisablue154964
Toronto, Ontario
“What happened?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

All I can say is "What the H&!! happened to this place". While the food is still pretty good, the service is horrible. They spent more time complaining about how bad the management is rather than looking after their customers. The tables were slimy as if they were wiped down with a greasy rag, the floors were dirty as was the washroom. When the food was finally delivered it was like someone slapped it on the plate. Not sure what else to say except this used to be our fav Sushi restaurant. No longer and we are off in search of something with a little better attitude towards their customers. Yeesch....

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Halifax, Canada
“Best Sushi in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I love the atmosphere...in one of Halifax's beautiful historical buildings on Young Street, in all it's originally restoered glory. The menu is packed with a fusion of sushi and thai. The sushi chefs are visible while crafting their art on a raised glass encased stage, surrounded by a sushi bar for up close observation. The wait staff is fast and knowledgable and considering the large variety of offerings on the menu, I am always impressed.

The quality of the food is top shelf. I especially love the vegetarian dishes, with the option of brown rice.

My family has grown but this is the one place we meet often for family birthdays. Remember to reserve becasue this place is smoki busy in the evenings....I have never had lunch there. And they seem to do a huge pick up business. You might ask for a tabel at the back so you are out of the take out traffic....as I said, it does get busy and the door opens a lot.

• Visited April 2012
Halifax, Canada
“Very Fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Decided one evening to try Hamachi Kita as I have heard great things about it. I am not one to try new sushi places once I've already found a great place, so this was an adventure! (I've been to many average sushi places and it's very disappointing to get bad/bland sushi!) The place is pretty small and seems to always be busy. As a group of 3 we had to wait about 10-15 minutes for a table, however they do take reservations which we had not made. The menu is very easy to read, the drink menu has a lot of choices. When our sushi arrived it was beautiful, a lot of colour and smelled so fresh. The taste was fantastic, and the service excellent. I must say this sushi has moved into my #1 spot. Prices pretty average for good sushi.

Visited April 2012